Here are six ways to improve focus while working from home

tlg

The good thing about online marketing is that you can do it from home.

The bad thing about online marketing is...

...you can do it from home.

That often means endless distractions from the internet, the kids, the pets, the neighbors, the housework, and so on.

Here's how you can become more focused and productive, starting today:

1. Follow your own natural rhythm. Some people are more productive and focused in the morning, while others work better in the evening. Figure out which times work best for you, and then block out those times. Don't schedule anything other than work during these times.
  2. Let your family, friends, and everyone else know that you want to work and not be distracted.
  3. Set aside a workspace where you do nothing but work. If your workstation is also your Playstation, Internet station, etc., you will be too easily distracted.
  4. Put on music or sounds that will help you focus. You can find these on YouTube by searching for "focus music".
  5. Set deadlines for everything you do. If you have deadlines to meet, you'll be more likely to get the work done.
  6. Schedule your breaks. Set a timer for 20 minutes, and when it goes off, get up and walk around or do jumping jacks for a minute. This will re-energize you and help you focus on work better than if you just power through.
Working from home is fantastically flexible, as long as you manage to manage your time.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
This is very good advice that I feel I really needed to hear. Indeed working from home is so enjoyable but full of distractions. Personally, I have identified times when I am most comfortable working. That has made me work so much more. Then I also have a spot where I concentrate best and that us where I work everyday. Then I have my daily targets, tbat pushes me to work more.

tlg

This is very good advice that I feel I really needed to hear. Indeed working from home is so enjoyable but full of distractions. Personally, I have identified times when I am most comfortable working. That has made me work so much more. Then I also have a spot where I concentrate best and that us where I work everyday. Then I have my daily targets, tbat pushes me to work more.
Sounds to me like you got a good grip on your situation and found the right combination of when, where and how. Kudos to you!

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Focus can sometimes be very hard. Someone once told me that success is not hard but focus is and that is definitely the truth. A lot of people find it very difficult to focus and make money on the net while sitting at the comfort of their homes. Some of the distractions maybe TV or Playstation.

tlg

Focus can sometimes be very hard. Someone once told me that success is not hard but focus is and that is definitely the truth. A lot of people find it very difficult to focus and make money on the net while sitting at the comfort of their homes. Some of the distractions maybe TV or Playstation.
It sure can be! Thanks for sharing :)