How did you discover Bitcoin??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I know many of us discovered using Bitcoin to command online transactions through the help of friends, google search or any type of search engines, faucet sites, or at the newspaper, and daily news headline at the TV etc.
I heard about the benefits of Bitcoin long time ago, around 2015 when group of friends where talking about the current value of the price, I was thinking then that Bitcoin is a scam. Because I don't see how funds gonna be sent in a decentralized way without a third person assistant. That made me not to invest in that early time when I heard about it. Already no one was eager to teach me, that's why I didn't learn it fast all. I stayed for more than 5 years later before knowing what they were talking about Bitcoin. The pandemic also helped a lot for me to track down Bitcoin via google search, from there I discovered a Bitcoin faucet, I was using to mine Bitcoin. But didn't mine a lot of coins, when I checked the value of the coins I mined in my own currency I noticed I was wasting lots of time to rack up satoshi. I dumped it cos it isn't encouraging at all. That made me to create account on exchange platform like coinbase, but couldn't trade with it cos my country was not listed to use coinbase. So I used my local country's Bitcoin wallet to buy and store some satoshis that got some values too. From there I started following forums and reading more daily news about Cryptocurrency, that is how it began with me.

How did you discover using Bitcoin??

Donkiz

A colleague of mine came to work one Monday morning in 2013 and was very excited about something so I inquired to know what the excitement was about, and he told me about a digital currency called bitcoin that he heard of over the weekend, and said that he's planning to invest in it at the end of the month when he receives his salary, and asked me to join him in the investment, which I declined.

This stands as one of my worst decisions, and I keep dreaming of what would have been if I had taken out sometime to learn more about bitcoin online, but I missed the opportunity to join in at that early stage due to ignorance and lack of research.

Blake986

A colleague of mine came to work one Monday morning in 2013 and was very excited about something so I inquired to know what the excitement was about, and he told me about a digital currency called bitcoin that he heard of over the weekend, and said that he's planning to invest in it at the end of the month when he receives his salary, and asked me to join him in the investment, which I declined.

This stands as one of my worst decisions, and I keep dreaming of what would have been if I had taken out sometime to learn more about bitcoin online, but I missed the opportunity to join in at that early stage due to ignorance and lack of research.
Its all good there are things like that I regret as well and now after 2020 online business is even more in demand than ever.

Carson20t

As for me i first heard about bitcoin through Facebook when some people were advertising how you can earn from it back in 2018.I thought it was a waste of time and that it was all a fraud so I abandoned that venture back then.Not up until January of 2019 when i started giving attention to online earning and then I realised that bitcoin was so convenient for me to use As opposed to these other methods in terms of withdrawing.The love grew from there and I understand alot about bitcoin now.How to recieve it,how to send it and exchange it to other coins and many other features it can be used for.

Mayorla

I discovered Bitcoin through a friend in 2015, he was talking about how to earn Bitcoin by playing games and doing some tasks on an app..
But, I didn't take him serious because I believed the Bitcoin is scam and he will be duped..
To me ,it was time wasting

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I come to know about Bitcoin years ago during PTC days, when some of the ads I started receiving about were of Bitcoins. I decided to leave them because I did not understand how to use it and how to save it. That was a mistake, but we all do mistakes, later one day I read news some criminals were asking for money in Bitcoin, that time 1 BTC was 1k USD, and the proper news was, if you pay once, then no one will know where the money has gone. Some years later in 2017 I started my first earning in Bitcoin via Freebitco, but that was a learning process.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I discover Bitcoin about two years ago through a payment Marchant, he is also my friend. The guys with different web currency and payment like Paypal funding, Perfect Money, Skrill, Payoneer etc.

He was saying that day the I should come and invest in a cryptocurency that is making a wave on the internet. Ask him to tell me more about it. He explained to me but I was not convinced enough to invest my money on it.

Overtime I discovered that most of the sites I want to purchase good and services put up the Bitcoin logo as one of their payment method. That's was when I noticed the potential of Bitcoin.

But at the time, it was too late for me to invest in Bitcoin becasue price was over $6,000, and that's a huge money for me to raise. My friend who first introduced Bitcoin to me is now a multimillionaire.

KURTAULI

In 2012, when I started learning programming, I found information about Bitcoin on youtube. I did not know what Bitcoin was, how it worked, and whether it had a future. I had the illusion that it was money for the future but when I got the experience I now believe that Bitcoin is a technology and not money

Olajidey

During the time of Ponzi know as MMM is the period I get to know about bitcoin, I remember back then that if you are investing in bitcoin you return is 100% if you are investing in cash your reward is 30% (MMM United). I quickly register with blockchain to have my wallet address. anytime I check my blockchain and see the transaction has made all have worth millions of naira, I wish I can go back in time and not invest in Ponzi with BTC I should jus leave my BTC there.