How did you manage to cope with an authoritative manager

After my graduation from school I was lucky to get a job immediately with a growing business with just four staff though the salary was okay and the manager pays on time very early like around 26th of the month but we had a great challenge in the job which is authoritative manager.
The manager will call you even after work and if you didn't give him the kind of response he wants to hear he queries you, same thing when its your closing time he won't let his workers go on time which is risky. You can't imagine what you will hear when you makes mistake he will tell you the words you have not heard of and if you try to defend yourself he sacks you immediately or threaten to sack you telling you that there are so many persons looking for job out there.

Planet408

It is not always easy working with an authoritative manager. My formal boss lady is on this table. She was so authoritative. Most decisions in the office is being taken by her and she most times don't give a damn to your position. I wasn't just comfortable with her bossy attitudes but I had to endure till it was time for me to resign.

Maphalle

At first it was difficult but in the end we were able to work in good and healthy environment. What i did was to study her prioerly. Before she could cime to me I'd go to her to check if there's any work to be done, I'd also suggests some means and ways on how to run the work without hiccups. Most of all is that I was able to tell her that her authoritarian character is damaging the work and let her try by all means to hear other people's voices.

Victor001

Some conditions that we find ourself we can't correct it neither can we make any changes to it. sometimes we just have to endure until there is a better option. working under an authoritative manager will only make the work boring but as an individual your major focus should be goal oriented. You don't have to bond with everybody let your work do the speaking.

Chommyluv

After my graduation from school I was lucky to get a job immediately with a growing business with just four staff though the salary was okay and the manager pays on time very early like around 26th of the month but we had a great challenge in the job which is authoritative manager.
The manager will call you even after work and if you didn't give him the kind of response he wants to hear he queries you, same thing when its your closing time he won't let his workers go on time which is risky. You can't imagine what you will hear when you makes mistake he will tell you the words you have not heard of and if you try to defend yourself he sacks you immediately or threaten to sack you telling you that there are so many persons looking for job out there.
I understand your plight, have been into similar condition but every authoritative manager or leader can be handled without hurting his ego. When you studied him thoroughly, you will be able to find out his weak point, sometimes such authoritative managers happens to be the best if one knows how to follow them, learn how to praise, flatter him and you see him acting differently toward you.

Segat

Coping with an authoritative manager could be stressful on the part of the staff. Well sometimes I think the best way to deal with them is know them with this their character, always put it in mind that your days are numbered there and you must not leave quarrelling. This will really help or what do you think?

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view as well experienced businessman when working in an organisation all you have to do is follow the rules and regulation of that organisation and I assure you that you will be successful in that organisation without having any quarry or any issue with the manager. if the manager is authoritative I suggest you follow the rules and regulation of the organisation exactly the way it is do not go against any rules of the organisation

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am lucky to have been spared of an authoritative manager but my wife had that sad experience. She was a supervisor when she was shamed by their manager in yelling with the reprimand. My wife was dejected that she planned to resign. Fortunately she listened to me and she was able to go on with her career. Now I consider my wife more successful than that authoritative boss.