How do survey know the real answers?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are many survey websites out there that do rely on the answers of some of their users in justifying what they are really carrying survey our for. But most users lie while carrying out these survey. Some are only after money. How do survey differentiate real answers from the fake ones.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Knowing the real answers are already programmed by the owners of the website, I mean it is similar to having an online examination or test, you should know better that the excimer probably knows the real answers and they definitely in the listed options. So it is an algorithm or let me say a program, it is being design to do whatever it is said to do exactly. No more, no less, once any of it happens then something must have gone wrong in the programming. So it is very simple. No matter how complicated or mysterious the question might seem, the answers are always there

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I may disagree with you. They may not the answer from the onset since they are asking about pontoons of people.

vincentontop

Why do you need to disagree? All surveys has specific answers to their questions. If you have been doing surveys trust me with time, you will get to know most of the answers because they do repeat their surveys all the time. So if you did not qualify for a particular survey and once that survey resurfaces again, you will have to adjust your answer. So frequent doing of surveys will turn you to survey lord.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Survey companies view responses, and see whether they make sense, or the respondents are skipping lot of questions. If there are open ended questions in a survey, it's worth having a read of those answers to check whether they have been answered in a reasonable or expected way or not. The average time taken to complete the survey is also seen. If the respondent has taken much shorter time to complete the survey, they could be survey speeders.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Unless the survey asks you to share your social media profile or real email where you have shared real information, it is not possible for a survey to find out whether your answers are true or false. If you don't reveal anything, survey sites can only know your location (based on your IP). However, if survey companies asks you to install anything, they might have access to your computer and know everything about you.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There are many survey websites out there that do rely on the answers of some of their users in justifying what they are really carrying survey our for. But most users lie while carrying out these survey. Some are only after money. How do survey differentiate real answers from the fake ones.
Lolz, what is the need for you to know all these 😅😅😅😅 but for me I have taken some survey before but it was not a paid one and I understand how they are able to know that people are lying. I see it as a psychological manipulation but some people do not really understand.. most of the question they are asking are not just to satisfy the main purpose for which the survey was created for but some are psychological questions that will determine if you are lying or not, I may not really be able to explain more than that but that is just how it is.. it is the best did you give them genuine information for what they are paying you for.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Most survey sites know the real answers from the fake ones cos when you are actually using some particular products you would definitely give accurate answers while filling out surveys. But in a situation where by you were lying about what you have never used in your life, definitely you would be exposed in your answers. So I do not think there's any special measures that survey sites uses to detect people that lie during surveys.

greenieS

Verified member
I'm going on another idea. For example, I work on a phone application where I receive and complete surveys daily. In the application, on the profile, I completed that I am not married and I have no children. In any poll, at first I was asked "do you have children?" , "you are married?" , if you answer correctly as you completed in the profile, pass the test. But if you say the opposite or other answers, you are disqualified. Filter your polls based on what you have completed on your profile. :) There are probably other methods by which they rely on answers. That's why I say you have to be careful what you complete on the profile, in order to be able to complete it in the same way in surveys.