How do we sell ourselves in the labour market?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Labour market keeps on getting more competitive. This is because many candidates tend to be more outstanding than the others hereby putting on additional skills to be ahead of others.

There are many ways candidates can sell himself or herself when it comes to labour market and the way each candidate sells himself or herself will determine how he will stand a chance in the labour market.

An intending employee needs to be confident and never be allowed to be swept off feet while trying to get favour in the labour market. I could remember when I was applying for jobs. We were more than 30 applying for the same position but I stood my stand and never be intimidated by others.

Updating is very important when it comes to selling oneself. One needs to be very conversant with what is happening. You don't need to even limit yourself to your field alone because your counterparts are also guru when it comes to information on various fields.

Learning some skills online can be very helpful. One should know how to use computers and even some Microsoft office applications at least. For the fact that you are a graduate doesn't mean you should not know how to operate a computer. All these will be added advantages when it comes to selling oneself in labour market.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Labour market keeps on getting more competitive. This is because many candidates tend to be more outstanding than the others hereby putting on additional skills to be ahead of others.

There are many ways candidates can sell himself or herself when it comes to labour market and the way each candidate sells himself or herself will determine how he will stand a chance in the labour market.

An intending employee needs to be confident and never be allowed to be swept off feet while trying to get favour in the labour market. I could remember when I was applying for jobs. We were more than 30 applying for the same position but I stood my stand and never be intimidated by others.

Updating is very important when it comes to selling oneself. One needs to be very conversant with what is happening. You don't need to even limit yourself to your field alone because your counterparts are also guru when it comes to information on various fields.

Learning some skills online can be very helpful. One should know how to use computers and even some Microsoft office applications at least. For the fact that you are a graduate doesn't mean you should not know how to operate a computer. All these will be added advantages when it comes to selling oneself in labour market.
What the company outside their needed from any body looking for job is the quality of what one can offer.
The qualification that one has in added advantage when its come to labour market. Before any company will employ one they will first ask for what one can offer to their company and if they see it that you have it they will be happy to employ you.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The labor market is very competitive and as a result they can't compete in the hot market. Meanwhile, there are some strategies in which people who are very successful in the labour market really apply that works for them. First of all such people might have had a lot of knowledge and experience about the labour market and the secrets to succeeding.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
What the company outside their needed from any body looking for job is the quality of what one can offer.
The qualification that one has in added advantage when its come to labour market. Before any company will employ one they will first ask for what one can offer to their company and if they see it that you have it they will be happy to employ you.
While this is number one thing to be asked for truly. Some companies go beyond the certificate especially in the advanced countries. They don't really pay you based on the degree or the certificate you are holding but what you can do, your skill. That's why it is better to learn some skills relating to the field one is studying to make it easier while job hunting.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The first thing to do to be able to sell self well is by accumulating marketable skills. Employers want people that can hold their own and be creative in executing their tasks. So if you need good pay then you should start by updating your knowledge and acquire new skills that will meet the demands of the digital age

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am not good in selling myself. In fact my resume was corrected many times by my colleagues so that I could have a better chance when I apply to other companies. From a commercial bank I was hired by a British software house not for my resume but for the test results - I got the highest rating among the 88 applicants that took the test.