How do you manage stress

Priscy

Stress is inevitable in life. One's ability to adapt to change in situations and environment is necessary in diagnosing a person to be mentally healthy. Although health is defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well being. Stress do have a way or interfering in all these aspects of our health status.
And the outcome or complication of stress can be devastating....

It is sometimes ignored but it is a major health disorder and can lead to death, anger issues, alcoholism.
People experience stress differently and the issues that cause or predisposes one to stress varies but common in the race of man.

Share your experience with us here ; in this forum
May help some one out here

1. WHAT STRESS(ED) YOU OUT?
2. WHERE YOU ABLE TO MANAGE THE STRESS?
  • If YES, how were you able to overcome? Did you get help from others?
  • If NO, what is your way forward

Thank you for sharing your experiences and liking.........

Dora Wi

I'm prone to getting stressed over everyday things but I find that regular exercise and meditation helps a lot. Apart from this I think it is also important to have hobbies or any kind of activity that recharges you and takes your mind off things.

Priscy

I'm prone to getting stressed over everyday things but I find that regular exercise and meditation helps a lot. Apart from this I think it is also important to have hobbies or any kind of activity that recharges you and takes your mind off things.
Good dear Dora.... an amazing way to deal with your stress

Priscy

Meditation.... a powerful tool to be used well...
In our situations, what we meditate on, counts a lot....
It will amaze us that when one sits to relieve stress through meditation.., they end up meditating on their worries and that doesn't help at all

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
1: exercise
2:relax your muscles
3:make time for hobbies
4:take a break
5:deep breathing
6:eat well
7:sleep well
I think this few things will help manage stress

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am fortunate that I have a happy family who will provide support to whatever I would need. This is not to brag but when I feel stressed all I do is to talk to my family or to ride in the car for a joyride. Sometimes we go to the bakeshop to buy bread but for the main purpose of relieving me of stress. If we can only travel then that is the best stress reliever for me.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Stress summed up due to the excessive workload in our various workplace either offline or online. Their are some online gigs that sucks up your time, if you don't manage your time well, it becomes work load, which brings about stress. We should work as our body allows us, we shouldn't force the body to go extra miles and overwork, it has health implications that results in mental illness.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There are Different ways people can manage stress such as spending time with their loved ones are relative ,because this can help them to feel better and have a good sense of belonging. Spending time with our favourite pet animal can also help us and maybe doing the type of activities we like And sport Can also help

Dora Wi

There are Different ways people can manage stress such as spending time with their loved ones are relative ,because this can help them to feel better and have a good sense of belonging. Spending time with our favourite pet animal can also help us and maybe doing the type of activities we like And sport Can also help
Spending time with people is a good one, too. It can help you feel more balanced, for example if you are a person who tends to stress a lot but you have a friend who's more easy-going, it can offer you a different perspective.

Barin

I do make sure I have enough rest like sleeping for 6-8 hours daily so as to take away the stress in me because I do pass through a lot of stress

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Spending time with people is a good one, too. It can help you feel more balanced, for example if you are a person who tends to stress a lot but you have a friend who's more easy-going, it can offer you a different perspective.
Yes that is why it is always advisable that we spend time at least two times every week with most of the people we valued in our life and try as much as possible to engage in doing things together because this will really help you and your body is to be relax. Pet can also be the best thing to consider if you are really interested in it.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes that is why it is always advisable that we spend time at least two times every week with most of the people we valued in our life and try as much as possible to engage in doing things together because this will really help you and your body is to be relax. Pet can also be the best thing to consider if you are really interested in it.

Dora Wi

Two times a week is a pretty good rule of thumb. We are social creatures, even those of us who are introverted in nature. Pets are also amazing, they cannot completely replace human connection but if you are feeling lonely, they are great companions, and very relaxing as well.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Resting is the only way for me to manage stress. I don't just lie down on the bed. I can go to the restaurant and buy myself delicious meal. When I get home I am going to play my favourite movie and watch it while I'm eating. After finishing then I am going to lay on the bed and sleep off. If I want to sleep deeply, I can engage in an intense exercise before sleeping.

Empress

Verified member
There are a lot of ways to reduce stress by getting enough sleep over night at sleeping for like 6 hours daily and also do exercise regularly and make sure you are eating healthy foods because most of us do go through a lot of stress in our daily lives

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Two times a week is a pretty good rule of thumb. We are social creatures, even those of us who are introverted in nature. Pets are also amazing, they cannot completely replace human connection but if you are feeling lonely, they are great companions, and very relaxing as well.
But even with this there are some things we can do by engaging in so many activities in our life ,in this case it will be impossible for us to feel lonely or stress, stress and anxiety can happen when we do not have any things to do in our life and this is also not the best for our body system because we are meant to engage in things all the time.