How Do You Start A Meat Shop? Is It Really That Profitable In Your Country?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Beef is one of the items that sell quite quickly because there are a lots of people who like to eat beef. I live in a country where the business of selling beef is one of the most lucrative business and you can earn even more if you have regular customers who buy beef daily from you. Then only problem is that you have to face certain challenges. For example, you have to hire at least three to four butchers who would handle the shop because if you do not have the proper skills to cut beef, then you must rely on butchers. Secondly, investment is also one of the main issues. You should not expect to earn profits right away rather you would need for your business to settle and make customers happy. So what do you have to say about starting a meat shop in your city? Is it profitable

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Meat sellers don't actually own shops in my country. They just own a place to stay and sell but not a shop. Some meat sellers even hawk their meat on the street lol. However, I think there is big money for them to see as profit. Because when buy a whole cow to sell, they make real money than going to buy in retail size.

Good luck

Verified member
Meat business is very profitable because people really consume it on a daily basis.You hardly find a restaurant that doesn't deal in meat.Most Fulani rear meat for business,they make a lot of money rearing cows,goats,sheep,etc for sale.You don't really need to rent a shop to start selling meat.You only a tent to start the business and make huge profit.

AmaliaTG

Beef is one of the items that sell quite quickly because there are a lots of people who like to eat beef. I live in a country where the business of selling beef is one of the most lucrative business and you can earn even more if you have regular customers who buy beef daily from you. Then only problem is that you have to face certain challenges. For example, you have to hire at least three to four butchers who would handle the shop because if you do not have the proper skills to cut beef, then you must rely on butchers. Secondly, investment is also one of the main issues. You should not expect to earn profits right away rather you would need for your business to settle and make customers happy. So what do you have to say about starting a meat shop in your city? Is it profitable
Myself included I like beef however much the nutritionist say it's unhealthy. To answer your question, meat selling a very, very profitable business in my country as the owners will never lack sales, I mean it's food we are talking about. Anybody who sells food will never fall down in business and also in my country we have plenty of cows to be slaughtered everyday. The beef is always fresh daily. Milk here is also in plenty.

Last edited:

funmi

Verified member
I can tell you honesty that meat selling business is a very good and profitable business to do. And people are really making their cool money on it in my country. I have seen and known people who do this type of business in my country that are doing very well than some bankers and some lawyers. Though, in my country people see it as a dirty job but it is very profitable.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Meat selling business is always profitable anywhere you go especially the bush meat ones. Since lots of people have learned the implications surrounding cow meat, especially the aged people. Which is labeled as red meat not healthy enough, so they switched to eating more of the bush meat, and other domestic animals meat that is free from red.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You don't need to have a shop before being a meat seller in my country. You only need to join their association. Also, you can start little by joining some new members to be buying beef from the abattoir where they would have killed the beef. The business is very profitable but it needs one who's hardened to get involve in it in my country.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A meat shop here is profitable if there are regular customers. Actually I have just been to the market to buy beef for our lunch today. It is the tenderloin steak. The meat is delivered to the meat shop for retail. Sometimes there are a few kilos leftover which the owner would convert into the food for the home. But usually only 1 or 2 kilos are left and the sales can have a good profit for the day.

Moni

I think there are meat shops in every country. But selling a meat although a good idea but know the kind of meat to sell. For instance every ethnic group in Africa has the kind of meat that they do not eat. For example, sorry to say if you are opening a meat shop at a place where there are more Muslims, then know the kind of meat you will sell there.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Meat business is one of the profitable business in my location , there are people who earn thousands of my local currency every week , because they usually get customers from far away region coming to buy their meat ,and almost every time they kill a cow , goat ,et c , during festival period they usually have more sales at the start