How do you tell your boss that the workload is too much?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Well it is one of the most difficult thing to do because most of the times employee see it that the employer is doing them a favour and also the fear of the known which may come out of inferiority complex to low self esteem.
So make sure you are value added worker and and essential commodity in the organization.
I love your conclusion. When I am working for an employer, I am not after the money first, I always want my impacts known. Then I can now be acting like the boss. Because I know by then, he can not do without me and my absence may mean a lot of thing. Make yourself the best in your field because there is not always an alternative to the best candidate.

Segat

Well it is one of the most difficult thing to do because most of the times employee see it that the employer is doing them a favour and also the fear of the known which may come out of inferiority complex to low self esteem.
So make sure you are value added worker and and essential commodity in the organization.

D

Deleted member 28127

In some cases you may have during the year the right of 30 days or 45 days of pause work so you may decide if you find yourself tired so each time you find yourself overburden you demand to take 2 days of break but really you are tired that will be deducted from right of pause work days so may you find yourself by end of year you have taken 30 days so you complete remaining 15 days as pause days from work but the reality most of tired workers decide to continue work but not doing the task required as well as they are tired and this will affect bad the company.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Workers finds it hard to make do with workload. When the work is much, more than what is stated in your worker's agreement with the company you're working for. You need to complain, and express your dissatisfaction. You aren't meant to overwork yourself that have effect in your health tomorrow. Even pay rise can't solve such kind of issue for you.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This may not actually be an easy things because so many employees are just afraid that when they let their employers know that the amount of work they are doing every day is too much , that they may be at risk of losing their job completely. But this may not be true in most cases . The most important thing will depend on how you say it and also at the time you are saying it.

In any business organisation most especially private business , there is always a time for meeting and during this time so many private and confidential things concerning the business will be discussed ..

During this time is always the perfect time for people to raise their own point of view and possibly discuss some of the challenges they are facing in the business. This is usually the perfect time for you to present your problem in a very well-respected manner.

Ayansegz

To have a good outcome you got to face him/her humbly by saying " I think the work is very good but please you need to give me time more to finished the work very well.". After that if he refuses then try and look for his close friend who can talk to him, if he refuses he will later loss you his best worker..