sincerem

VIP Contributor
Crypto has been in existence for 12+ years now, since Nakamoto satoshi made his innovation known by creating BTC, according to the news gotten from the internet. He created it to experience anonymity during transactions, and not being centralized like the world leaders want it. And its decentralization have raised eye brow and concerns towards long time future of crypto.

My own country view crypto as a threat to their national currency, and as such they limited its transactions with their fiat currency. The central bank that regulates fiat currencies, and controls the country's financial asset, declared it as a threat to the dying national currency, which led to crypto being halt to trade Naira. At the beginning it slowed down investors progress trading digital coins in the country, but as time goes on, other ways carved out to trade crypto and its been going well for us ever since the disheartening pronouncement was made.

How does your country govt view crypto??

Do they see it as the future for financial transactions??

funmi

Verified member
Well,in my country (Nigeria), right thinking people and knowledgeable people think cryptocurrency is poverty alleviating platform which is what it is. But Nigeria government thinks it is the opposite, they believe cryptocurrency will crumble our economy. And right about now,it is hard for people that are trading in cryptocurrency due to the ban placed on it in Nigeria.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well,in my country (Nigeria), right thinking people and knowledgeable people think cryptocurrency is poverty alleviating platform which is what it is. But Nigeria government thinks it is the opposite, they believe cryptocurrency will crumble our economy. And right about now,it is hard for people that are trading in cryptocurrency due to the ban placed on it in Nigeria.
The reasons for banning crypto in our country isn't justifiable, our country has no concrete reasons for banning crypto. They said the coin is affecting the progress of Naira, that if they allow the banks to trade with our own Fiat currency that the value will dip. Okay, since the exchange between naira and crypto was halted, has the Naira value improved in the forex market??

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Crypto coin is not popular here yet although I have several friends who tried investing in crypto coin although they seem to have quit trading. If ever crypto coin will be noticed here I'm sure the senators will lift a finger to investigate what it's all about. Besides, they will also be looking for the taxes that they can earn from the crypto coin transactions.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Crypto coin is not popular here yet although I have several friends who tried investing in crypto coin although they seem to have quit trading. If ever crypto coin will be noticed here I'm sure the senators will lift a finger to investigate what it's all about. Besides, they will also be looking for the taxes that they can earn from the crypto coin transactions.
The politicians are always looking for what favours them most and not even what is beneficial to the masses in general. What my country is after is their own personal dividends. At this stage they didn't get it from digital coins that's why they grew frustrated around it, temporarily banning it for exchange of their Fiat currency.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
The ban is going deep and deeper! In the country here, most people have lost hope on lifting the ban. As most cryptocurrencies exchanges are ban to operate to their fullest level. However, some people are still very optimistic that the ban maybe lifted if most exchanges agreed consensually, to be paying taxes to the central government.

ritajane21

In the UK it is not banned. Recently Britain’s financial regulator has said Binance, one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, cannot conduct any regulated activity and issued a warning to consumers about the platform, which is coming under growing scrutiny globally. I don't think crypto ends here. It will grow more and more over time.

Josemendez

Verified member
Despite the government of my country banning cryptocurrency , they have not made any further clarification on whether they are totally against it or they are trying to study it before banning or approving it. As it stands now , I am confident that it will only take time before they will come up with their stand on cryptocurrency. I hope they will not make the decision without considering the citizens.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well , over here the government of my country are not seeing anything wrong with cryptocurrency and it does not discourage people from investing in cryptocurrency , but the government only said that investing in cryptocurrency is a risk and can sometimes expose you to potential risks of falling into the hands of scammers . I believe that is the reason why they dissociated cryptocurrency from all financial institute. This action is not favorable to so many investors because now we cannot withdraw our cryptocurrency directly to our local bank without having to pass through the third party which is usually the P2P market..

A lot of countries consider cryptocurrency to be a threat to their economy and sometimes certain government official here considers it to be so because there was a time they were trying to completely eliminate cryptocurrency. For me I don't have any business to do with them and whatever decision they take is none of my business.

Suba

Staff member
My country (Indonesia) does not ban cryptocurrencies, the government considers crypto as commodity goods such as gold and silver, which can be traded freely, but are prohibited from being used as a medium of exchange, many local crypto exchanges are spread, as well as several foreign exchanges that have been registered with the government. But unfortunately the government since May 1, 2022 has been taxing both buying and selling crypto.