How exactly can you define affiliate marketing.

Wiserr

First I'll start by asking us this question, what is affiliate marketing? I believe the term affiliate marketing is not a something to us but for me I need more clearification on it, affiliate marketing is selling of products that you do not owned them, I believe this the concrete diffination of affiliate marketing, but this not my main concern, my main concern is what exactly or how exactly can one start affiliate marketing, I have been hearing of this I have to make research before I can be able to gain some little explanation on it,,I decided to post it here to have more clearification on it, different people depends affiliate marketing in there different terms but that doesn't change anything, I believe there are affiliate marketers here I want such people to help us by shading more light on this, I also heard that you can also earn a passive income online by affiliate marketing this makes me to be more serious and I'm be able to gather little information on it, affiliate marketers your ideas are very welcome here, don't keep it for yourself alone we also want to benefits from it, thank you so in advance.

Hasan12

Affiliate marketing involves earning a commission by promoting a product or service made by another retailer or advertiser. It is a monetization model where an affiliate partner, which is you, is rewarded a payout for providing a specific result to the retailer or advertiser.

Typically, the result is a sale. But some programs can reward you for leads, free-trial users click to a website, or get downloads for an app.

Affiliate programs are usually free to join, so you don’t have to worry about high startup costs. Done well, this performance-based opportunity can go from side hustle to profitable online business idea by netting you a healthy income.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing means selling other people's product in order to get a certain percentage of selling price usually called commission. if you want to start affiliate marketing there are a lot of things you must know and have at the back of your mind. You must understand that it is not a get-rich-quick scheme and there are some crucial skills you must have in order to become successful on it. Firstly you must know how to create content because when you want to promote any product you will have to create the content around that particular product. You must also know how to do a bit of graphics designing because it is required when you want to build a landing page or designing something that will help you promote the product on several social media platforms or Google as the case may be. You have to go to affiliate marketing platforms like clickbank or digistore24 and sign up an account and from there you will see a range of products to promote. It is important you go to YouTube to watch videos on how to sign up an account on clickbank and other affiliate platforms. After signing up an account the next thing you have to go is the affiliate marketplace, that is where you will see wide range of products to promote.

AuthorityGuide

Affiliate marketing is an advertising approach in which a firm pays others (for example, bloggers) to promote and sell its products and services. Affiliates use their website, app, or blog to display advertisements or push products or services. Leads that convert to sales earn commissions.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing is a new trend now. It fetches people money even without leaving the comfort of their houses. What is now affiliate marketing and why the sudden rush for it? Why do people keep on talking about it though it has not been recording high percentage of people that partake in it.

Affiliate marketing is a way of marketing that involves advertising and marketing another person's products online and in return, there is reward which is usually monetary which may come daily, weekly, monthly or as agreed and this will be based on the number of goods or products that the affiliate marjeters was able to sell.

The first step to be done by a good affiliate marketer is to find a nice niche he or she can conviniently market. He or she can get to this point by making sure he or she tries out some of his or her friends out on some social media to know what they really need.

Then next step will be which platoforms to be used to get the job going. While some prefer to use existing social media like Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp, other prefer to use their own website to market their products.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing could be defined as a process of selling products online for a commission. Affiliate marketing basically involves the process of selling products for a commission and it is basically selling products or services as a middleman that helps to connect the buyers and sellers on one page. Affiliate marketing is a lucrative marketing technique that involves selling products online through blogs and websites. However, affiliate marketing is not just limited to blogs or websites. In fact, affiliate marketing also involves many affiliate networks that might help the sellers to sell products. Affiliate marketing is not a new technique.

In the past, affiliate marketing also existed but right now affiliate marketing is becoming more and more popular. However, it is definitely becoming more complicated and competitive as well. One of the main aspects of affiliate marketing is traffic because the job of the publisher is to display the affiliate product advertisements and market the product as much as he can. But sales depend on the demand of the product and public's attitude towards the product. Nevertheless, affiliate marketing is a process which helps sellers to sell products via different channels and this provides benefits to all the people involved.

Sikapa

Verified member
Affiliate marketing definition may come in different ways depending on how the person understand it. If we talk about the definition of affiliate marketing this is what I understood it: affiliate marketing is selling some peoples products in other to earn a commission.

We sell other peoples products and we will end commission from the product that we sell. In many affiliate marketing programs, there are some percentages that is given to the affiliate marketer. This will be the agreement between the vendor and the affiliate marketer so that once you make a sale you will get the percentage as your commission.

On the other hand, there are some affiliate marketing programs where no matter how much sales you make, you will still get the same percentage. Let me make a clear explanation here. If you take rakuten as an example, rakuten has about 3500 online stores but if you are promoting rakuten as your affiliate commission, no matter how much sales you make you will still get $30. Yes, there is no single store that will pay you higher than $30 but digistore20 and clickbank is not like that.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
For me I understand affiliate marketing to be the type of online business that involve the art of you selling other people's products to earn a commission. Affiliate marketing is not all about selling others people's products to earn a commission only .

There are other ways people can also engage in affiliate marketing such as leading people to register on websites to make money. A lot of people consider this to be one of the most simplest and the most profitable affiliate marketing business because there are some platforms that can pay as high as $1 per a person who register using your referral link.

Affiliate marketing at the same time is not also a get-rich-quick scheme but it's something that require consistency and some understanding to be able to make money without having to stress yourself learning from experience.

There are different platform that can be used for affiliate products . Based on what I understand clickbank is one of the most popular affiliate platform for people to use, probably maybe there are other profitable platform a lot of affiliate marketers are using that we do not know but for me I only know of clickbank because I am not a professional affiliate marketer