How long are you willing to hold your Bitcoin?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Many of us have resorted to long term investment in crypto currencies and it seems Bitcoin is the major focus, especially because of the way it has made significant profits in a short time. When I started earning with paid to post sites in July last year, the price of Bitcoin was just $10,000 but it has made appreciative increase since then and this has drawn the attention of many people to invest in it. If you see someone investing in different crypto currencies, a major percentage of his investment is in Bitcoin.

So I want us to discuss, how long do you think you will hold your Bitcoin before selling it. There is hope for another bullish run this year, would you sell before the first half of the year runs out or you are willing to hold on till the end of the year?
How long?

Josemendez

Verified member
With what I observed that happened in Bitcoin from 2020 to 2021 , I have decided that I will be holdl my Bitcoin for the next six months atleast .

I made this bold decision after considering the current rate at which people invest in Bitcoin ,and the increase in the number of people holdl ,which has kept the price of bitcoin on the $30,000 threshold for a very long time.

I strongly believe that by the next six months , the price of Bitcoin may be very close to $100,000 ,and thus it will mean a maximum profit yield for me.

Even if the price of Bitcoin will correct up to $29,000 , I don't see myself selling it ,because I have invested it with mo ey that I won't be needing anytime soon, thus I don't have any need to sell it soon .

cmoneyspinner

One of my friends says he plans on holding his stash for a while. Whatever "a while" means to him. According to the cryptocurrency experts, they advise that you buy bitcoins and hold it for the long-term. They say the history of bitcoin price fluctuations bears them out on this. The thing is they don't clearly define what is “long-term”? A year or 2 years? 5 or more years? They can't really tell you, as an individual, what amount of time you should hold your bitcoins. Because it all depends on your financial goals, your risk tolerance, etc. They do however recommend that you figure out a bitcoin investing strategy that works for you. What's the Best Basic Strategy for Bitcoin Investing? | CryptoVantage

Donkiz

I have been able to accumulate a good amount of bitcoin for months now and I'm not planning to sell anytime soon.

My plan when I started the bitcoin journey was that I will hold on to it till it gets to $30000, but bitcoin has since surpassed that amount. So I have modified the plan, now the new plan is to hold on to it till it gets to 1btc, I don't how long that will take, but I'm ready and willing to give it my very best push.

singlej007

Bitcoin has really draw attention from around the world with its significant rise from late last year till now.. I don't have enough btc but I am willing to hold for a long time before buying another coin with my bitcoin.

Some of my friends who told me back then that crypto is a scam has started telling themselves that they may have entered a wrong train since, they are now calling to know on how they can partake in profiting in trading bitcoin, and I am here to put them through.

Suny

I started buying/earning Bitcoin in 2015 but have never sold. I know I have bought at as high as $17k and always earned at the current price but i have no intention to sell it for the next 3-5 years. As per my own thinking bitcoin will reach at least 50K within 3 years. Maybe I am wrong but what I am saying is not financial advice but my own speculation so you do not have to follow me. However, I will keep adding until 2024.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Many of us have resorted to long term investment in crypto currencies and it seems Bitcoin is the major focus, especially because of the way it has made significant profits in a short time. When I started earning with paid to post sites in July last year, the price of Bitcoin was just $10,000 but it has made appreciative increase since then and this has drawn the attention of many people to invest in it. If you see someone investing in different crypto currencies, a major percentage of his investment is in Bitcoin.

So I want us to discuss, how long do you think you will hold your Bitcoin before selling it. There is hope for another bullish run this year, would you sell before the first half of the year runs out or you are willing to hold on till the end of the year?
How long?
I personally don't invest short term when it comes to crypto currencies. I find money I don't need now and just invest it. The shortest time I can invest is six months. So during that period if it rises or falls, it does not affect me. I don't panic because of its price whether it rises or falls. Once the stipulated time has elapsed I can now do what I had planned. As a crypto currency investor I think investing long term is the way to go. Most time you are assured of profits, even if it is small. Short term investors are usually worried when the price falls, that does not happen to long term investors because you think there is still time.

Ralphjoe

Well, Bitcoin is one cryptocurrency that has a very high rate of volatility, this high rate of volatility makes it very easy for it to increase and decrease in value in short time. When I was investing in Bitcoin, I swore to myself that I will invest in the it and forget about my investment and I won't check my investment until I get the news that the price of Bitcoin has reached atleast $100,000.

This is a herculean task for me as I soon discovered that I can't do that, I find myself going to my wallet everyday to check how my Bitcoin appreciates or depreciates, each time I check my Bitcoin wallet and I see that it has reduced, I get so sad and sober, but whenever I check my wallet and I find out that my Bitcoin has appreciated in price, I am always happy with it, now the issue is that I just can't seem to leave my investment in my wallet for long because I am this kind of an emotional someone who is easily affected by simple things. I can't really give a definite time of how long I can keep my Bitcoin investment for but whenever the price of the asset gets To my targeted price threshold then i will probably withdraw my investment.

Olajidey

I don't understand crypto trading I don't understand anything, and I don't leave my bitcoin in my wallet for a longer period of time, this is what I do if I have a thousand dollar worth BTC, I keep watching it immediately it accumulates to a thousand hundred dollars worth BTC, I withdraw the hundred dollars worth BTC, I leave the thousand dollars worth BTC and if I see that the BTC is going down I withdraw all my worth BTC in m wallet.

Khezo

I plan on holding my bitcoin for as long as I can. I decided to check my block chain wallet history last week and I was amazed at what I saw. The bitcoins I was transacting about 5 years ago that's 2016 to be precise which was little money then was now valued $1000 and above. I couldn't weep imagine have that amount of bitcoin now I would have made more than $6000 in bitcoin. So not making the same mistake twice bitcoin is going a long way

Sprite1950

I would love to understand more about bitcoin. The only time I earned it was on Cointiply and then I exchanged it for Forumcoins but I don't know anything about cryptotrading so I would welcome any advice people give me about what I should do with them once I have earned some. Is there anyone here who actually spends them in online shops? I know that bitcoin is generally seen as worth holding on to but a lot more online retailers seem to be integrating bitcoin into their payment options.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Well, Bitcoin is one cryptocurrency that has a very high rate of volatility, this high rate of volatility makes it very easy for it to increase and decrease in value in short time. When I was investing in Bitcoin, I swore to myself that I will invest in the it and forget about my investment and I won't check my investment until I get the news that the price of Bitcoin has reached atleast $100,000.

This is a herculean task for me as I soon discovered that I can't do that, I find myself going to my wallet everyday to check how my Bitcoin appreciates or depreciates, each time I check my Bitcoin wallet and I see that it has reduced, I get so sad and sober, but whenever I check my wallet and I find out that my Bitcoin has appreciated in price, I am always happy with it, now the issue is that I just can't seem to leave my investment in my wallet for long because I am this kind of an emotional someone who is easily affected by simple things. I can't really give a definite time of how long I can keep my Bitcoin investment for but whenever the price of the asset gets To my targeted price threshold then i will probably withdraw my investment.
I agree with you, it is not always easy. It could be that in your case, you may be needing money for some things that is why you always want to check to see if the price has skyrocketed to your targetted amount so you could withdraw and meet that need of yours. If it is so, then it indeed a special situation and you really need to always check the progress of your wallet.

I still encourage anyone to build enough confidence so that you won't end up regret why you sold your Bitcoin at a low price.
I am willing to hold for as long as possible.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well , I don't have plans for bitcoins investment now , the reason is because bitcoins is not really my favourite crypto-currency for investment and I will always try as much as possible to avoid it for now since I don't have the huge of money needed to invest in it.
My favourite crypto-currency for long-term purposes investment are cryptocurrency that have originated newly and are extremely potential with strong online community because that is what also determine the strength of a particular cryptocurrency, it's future potentials, plans and preparation of what they are also interested to do contributes to some of the things that might make a particular cryptocurrency to be a good choice for investment .

For now as long as I am able to identify a perfect cryptocurrency for investment , I can hold it as long as I am willing to without having any single plan to sell it off.

oldbuddy

Every Satoshi that I own was earned free online, so I really have nothing to lose by hanging on. My plan is to keep right on earning until all the Bitcoin websites are closed down.