Trading Discussion How long did it take you to learn forex trading

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
It took me about three months of learning before I ever traded forex for the first time. However, learning didn't stop there. I continued learning forex till the day I eventually stopped trading. There is no end to learning forex because the market springs up surprises every now and then, you never can tell exactly what will happen the next minute all you can do is just predict and most times is can be very wrong.

We thought forex trading was going to bring about a change of fortune everyone was happy that we could trade at the comfort of our houses and make good money but to our greatest surprise it was so far from making in quotes "quick money" infact many of us to ventured in then lost a lost of investment in the market.

How long did you take to learn it ?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I have a friend that used only one month to study, learn and develop his career around forex trading. Everything depends on the dedication, determination to carry on. If you're very determined you'll surely succeed in your passionate skill. That's what helped him to succeed with in such duration of time around forex trading.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Trading of forex is not something that will take you few months to learn it,even as an expert in the trading you are still learning every day because there are some behaviour in the market that you may not always understand sometimes and that will also be a perfect opportunity for you to learn.what I have to say is that there is no limit in learning about digital trading.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I could vividly remember when I wanted to venture into online money making and forex trading was one of the first online businesses I wanted to venture into. I made a lot of research downloaded a lot of videos and a lot of apps but I still couldn't get a main idea of how forex trading really works. So he took me a lot of time and along the line I abandoned it.

Ray Martinez

A wise trader always keeps record of their past trade by maintaining trading journal. When trader make a winning trade, they need to know exactly how and why. More importantly, they need to know the same details to avoid unnecessary repeats when they lose. Trading journal is very helpful in trading. However, my broker Forex4you always prove me monthly statement of my trade.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
To get started in trading it may take you somewhere between one to six months as a poster mentioned its all besed in your dedication and commitment, everything is based on that, you have to be willing to sacrifice your time and learn carefully.

I started learning forex because I thought I can get rich off it very fast and as you all know what happens after that, I got burnt and I mean really well, but after I blow my account I retraced my steps and find a reliable mentor that lead me to profitability and it paid off.

You don't have to anybody to learn forex you can learn on your own by searching for YouTube videos and books, there are a lot of videos that will really help you to get started and some YouTubers have telegram channel that you can use to. Learn with others, this helped me immensely because personally I am more productive when I work with a group.

And the last note is, understand that forex is never a get rich quick scheme you have to have a substantial amount of capital t to be able to make money off it, don't go in with a mindset of getting rich within months, it is going to take time, so sit back and enjoy the process.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The time it takes to learn forex varies with different individuals, I have been trading forex about a year now, with my success and how I have developed with time and experience, I would still like to expand my horizons In forex by taking further courses and meeting with other professionals.

E

eldavis

Ad a trader, one thing you should know is that the learning process never ends, forex trading is not something you learn and gain all the knowledge there is to know about it. In forex trading, even experts make mistakes and suffer losses. Every loss you come across is a lesson, every success you achieve is also a lesson to learn as well.

Good luck

Verified member
It depends on how fast one can learn and assimilate easily and your zeal to learn very fast.fotex is not what one can get at a tip of an eye,it require one going through some training and following some guidelines that can help in your trading.you also need to know about crypto currency and how you can use it to trade before venturing into forex.It is really tactful and needs proper understanding.

funmi

Verified member
I learnt about cryptocurrency through someone in my place of worship and the man is highly respected and he is a financial analyst and was well respected in the church, so he organised a seminar on financial liberation so I made myself available, as a wise entrepreneur we always look out for ways of bringing in more gains. So at the end of the seminar he even gave a promise that who so ever was ready to invest in the market he would assist such a person through the registration process to be able to use the trading platforms to the optimum point to where such a person would be able to trade by themselves.

I so quickly join the moving train and register with the platform and I struggled to open the dollar account and I invested about $50 for the fist time. It was during the trading process that I realise that trading forex was not a childs play. I lost about $20 dollars after the first week and I began to understand what was meant by greed level and I began to know how the market could actually play on ones intelligence. I will advise you have a good idea of it before embarking on it.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well I don't really know much about forex trading but I believe with my little understanding of cryptocurrency I can use that to predict how long it might take for you to be an expert trading forex.

I asked an expert sometimes ago how long it might took for me to be a complete and full expert to trade cryptocurrency profitably without losing so much than I gain and based on the information he provided , he says it might takes up to three months of serious dedication for me to really trades the crypto market profitably to a point that I do not lose much than I gains.

A lot of people believes forex trading to be a little more complicated than cryptocurrency trading and base on this fact I believe that if you can dedicate at least four months of your time to really learn and understand everything about Forex , That it is quite possible for you to be a full expert trading the volatile market without losing much .

But the problem here is that a lot of people won't really have the time to engage in this and not really the time , you have to pay a reasonable amount of money to get all this knowledge.

LaneBall

When I first decided to give a try to the forex market, I started with learning through podcasts and youtube videos which didn’t seem enough as there are so many concepts and instruments. In order to grasp the fundamental and technical analytics, I took an extensive course on Udemy. After acquiring all this information, I started with a demo account that helped me employ all my strategies and practises further. All in all, it took me 6 months to get familiar with the forex market and I will advise you to take as much time as possible to gather all information rather than rushing into going live immediately.

HeavLeighGill

About a year total with 6 months learning and then roughly 6 months on a demo account. I was a bit hesitant and couldn't give my full attention at first, but started to take it really seriously after a while.

Wordsmith

Before going live, It took me six months to educate myself about the plethora of technical and fundamental concepts of the forex market along with all the financial tools. However, my learning hasn’t stopped yet, I am learning from my mistakes each day.

Tactical

Honestly, there is no end to learning trading. Although you can cover the foundation and learn the technical aspects in 6-12 months, applying practical concepts like risk management or trading with a good trading psychology takes plenty of time to develop. Moreover, the pace at which you learn depends on you. There isn’t any fixed time, it all depends on you.

Eduard Hahn

As I was learning forex part-time, it took me around a year to complete my education including trading on a demo account. And when I went live, it felt like I learnt only 10% of what the forex market actually looks like. So, I kept my investments small for another 6 months until I had tested my knowledge in the live market and obtained satisfactory results.

Heiden Lang

I have been in the market for over two years and I am still learning. Every time I think that I have seen all there is to see in the market, the market surprises me with new things. If you are planning to start, make your mind that you will have to learn every day and with every trade.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I don't really have an idea of forex trading , so I may not likely know how it work but the most important thing I know about trading of forex is that it is just a volatile market and the amount of money a person can be able to earn by trading Forex will be dependent on the strategy and the knowledge , because when you have a better understanding of forex , you can be able to make money conveniently even when you will always lose sometimes .

I think learning how to trade forex and to master every strategy that is needed to predict the volatile market accurately might requires 5 months for you to really understand everything. This 5 months can just be a month of learning and constant dedication , if the five months is done and you understand everything that is needed then you can be able to predict the market on your own and trade it without any problem or inconveniences .

But the problem is that so many people may not have the time or the interest to dedicate so much of their time to learn something that might likely give them financial freedom in the future .

Nimrod

I have been in the market for more than two years and it feels like I am still learning. I have made some good trades in the past but there are always new challenges coming my way that teach me something I had no idea about before.

rextee

There is no specific time period. All traders learn at their own pace. But you can clear your fundamentals in a period of 6-12 months, depending on your learning approach. Nonetheless, trading is not all about technical knowledge. Traders need to be equipped with skills such as trading psychology and risk management, which requires conscious learning.