How long did you wait for your pension to be processed?

chicnthin

My father has reached the retirement age a few years ago and it's only two and a half years before he reached the compulsory age to retire. His wages wasn't much so I wouldn't expect him to receive such a big monthly pension, no matter how long he has worked. But as part of the preparation to his retirement, I guess I want to know how long were your pensions processed in your country. That is if any of you or anyone you know has an experience on this matter, and if you can, kindly share it with me. I know that it's completely different on every country, but still, I want to have an insights on other people's experiences. Another reason why I wanted to know about this is so we could prepare our finances if ever he decided to retire, and also to help him plan on what's he's going to do with his pension. Whether he wants to start a small business or what.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When it was 3 months before I reach 60 as the age required to receive pension I already applied with the social security office. They say that it will take 3 months of processing. That is no problem because the pension is retroactive which means if I got approved of the pension when I am already 61 then I get a lump sum of 1 year plus the monthly pension that started upon approval.

chicnthin

When it was 3 months before I reach 60 as the age required to receive pension I already applied with the social security office. They say that it will take 3 months of processing. That is no problem because the pension is retroactive which means if I got approved of the pension when I am already 61 then I get a lump sum of 1 year plus the monthly pension that started upon approval.
Thank you for sharing this experience of yours. I will tell about this to my father, though it may not be the same of what would possibly be his experience, as it may take a little longer or shorter, but it's good to have insights regarding this matter. May I know if you were already retired when you applied?