How long have you been trading and what is your experience like?

Ibrym

Hi guys!

Let's get to know each others experience in this adventurous forex life.

For me, I have been trading for 5 years now, lost lots of money both to brokers and fake mentors and mediocre signals. Now i make decent profits from the market every week. using both price action and simple indicator combinations( See my previous post on this)

Cheers!

Kingstone

I have been trading for a year now. I have not lost much and I have not gained much either. Luckily for me, I was taught by a friend and I did not pay for the materials and videos I got. It has been a difficult year cos I a just running in circles as I keep changing strategies when they stop working
Now I am focused on becoming a better candlestick trader. Candles are my favorite and I think it is the best for me.

Ibrym

@Kingstone that'sreally great to know. Unlike many successful traders who have lost huge sums of money before their breakthrough.

I love forex trading and if I'm not a trader, I would be a trader 😀

Cheers!

ojo2021

Banned
Well, I've been trading for 2years now. It has not been easy and I've not giving up. As for me, I think the best strategy is price action. There are a lot of strategies outside there that can be used to complement and confirm your analyses.

rextee

It’s been around two years and I have seen so much in the market. I keep realizing that no matter how hard I try, the market will always be stronger than me. I have applied so many strategies so far. Some of them worked while some of them resulted in losses. I am still learning.

Victorial

I have been into different kinds of trading in the past year. From binary trading to crypto trading and now to forex trading. I think trading is easier on Forex than those two mentioned. I have really suffered trading binary; volatility indices 75. The only good thing about the market is that it never closes like Forex trading. I have lost some money to binary trading but I can say I have been more stable trading forex. Hopefully, the upcoming year will be much better. I am stuck with using one good strategy and I hope I will make profits from it

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I have been trading for a year now. I have not lost much and I have not gained much either. Luckily for me, I was taught by a friend and I did not pay for the materials and videos I got. It has been a difficult year cos I a just running in circles as I keep changing strategies when they stop working
Now I am focused on becoming a better candlestick trader. Candles are my favorite and I think it is the best for me.
That's nice, nowadays most top forex traders and crypto traders which I have on my list do not like training newbie for free because they believe that training them for free will make them to be less serious and they will not really take their time to learn, because generally they believe that people are not likely to appreciate free things that is why they may charge you a small token amount of money to give you a great training because the money they are getting from you According to them is what will make you to be committed to the training, I always tried to see it in their own point of view because sometimes this is always true, if you said that you can be able to make money perfectly with forex trading without so much losing then at the same time you can also be able to use the same strategy to make money with cryptocurrency because both technical and fundamental analysis is what is required to trade both market perfect, the best thing most forex traders will always do is to develop a strategy that will help them, you should also have a unique strategy.

cadelynch

It’s been more than a year that I have been trading forex every day. I have not yet achieved the level where I make consistent profits but my profits have increased to a great extent in the last few months. It’s going well and I can clearly see that there are so many more opportunities that I have yet to tame.

Chlamys

I have been trading forex for more than two years and have tested several strategies and brokers. I have still not found which one is the best out of the lot since all of them work well in different trading conditions and for different trading requirements. There surely is a lot of money to be made. We just need to focus on the right thing.

Zonked

I’ve been trading for a long while but was not very consistent in the initial years. It was a kind of irregular journey where I made an account, wiped it and then didn’t refund it for a good time, then again started trading and again stopped. It’s only been two years that I have been seriously giving in some time daily for trading. Can’t say I’ve made huge profits but I am satisfied with my performance. Currently I’m more concerned with money management instead of money making.

Nimrod

When the pandemic started, I had to leave my job as a receptionist and so I took up forex trading full-time. I already had been trading forex part-time but never got a chance to try my hands at it full-time. I can see that I have gotten better with time and that I can continue doing it for more years.

E

eldavis

Well it has not been up to a year since I started trading, there have been lots of ups and downs in my trading, I have had lots of losses but I have also made some profit as well. It's not easy though.

Critomancy

My trading experience has been a roller coaster since I’ve started. The first year was kind of a break-even one but it didn’t directly transition into a profitable year. I incurred a few heavy losses before starting to earn. The profits aren’t very big but are consistent.

Neuroid

I started trading around 2 years ago before this pandemic started. The beginning showed me the toughest times in the market but I am glad that from the beginning only, I knew how it would be to be in the market and I was able to prepare myself for the same. It took some time for me to digest losses but now that I have started making profits also, I have learnt how to manage risks.

destinyrim

My start was also not that good, but I was able to save my account from blowing up. As it happened, I went back to the drawing board to change my trading strategies. I now use risk management strategies a lot more seriously, which protects me from heavy losses.

Rachael

Verified member
I am speaking from a third person point of view and I can say that a friend of mine who has been a Forex trader for more than 4years has his own fair share of trading experiences. Trading online both in Forex and cryptocurrencies is not a child's play and should not be taken in levity. Without the right skills, strategies and technicalities, it would be very hard to earn a penny on Forex. My friend usually encounter a lot of trading challenges, even when he adopts a good entry point and follows all the indicators that should be applied. In Forex trading, even experts or professionals alike are still in the process of learning, this is because in some cases, their predictions is not always accurate.

The News is one important indicator that can also be used to trade but this does not guarantee certainty. Forex trading is a high risk investment, which has made some people homeless and has also made people become wealthy. In Forex trading, it requires critical thinking and each trader has his trading strategies or secrets. The experience my friend shares consistently with me is that, Forex trading is not for the faint-hearted, and if you cannot invest what you can loose, then try another investment plan.

Heiden Lang

I was like any other beginner who was full of hope and when I encountered the market in real life, I realised how wrong I was. But still, I dedicated enough time to my learning and practising thinking that something would work. And it actually happened! There's been no looking back since then.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
It’s almost 4 years, actually my 1st year of trading was so much horrible, I lost my demo account for 3 in the 1st month of trading, then I changed my pattern! I started to use micro account for practice! I opened my live account after 15 months of micro account! And till now I’m trying to improving my trading skill from my own trading mistakes!

Torsade

It’s been a great journey. I have seen ups and downs in my trading account but I always knew that that was going to happen. I lost more money than I made but now that I have started making consistent income, I am quite hopeful that I will earn well in the coming time.