How long to hold on to your crypto that is not gaining

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have been seeing posts in some forum about holding the crypto coin in a crypto bank. It earns interest at 5% per week. To be honest, I do not believe that but there was no contradicting comment so I guess that is true.

Anyway, the question is about the price of the crypto. If you have crypto in your holdings that is not moving in the price then your money is not earning (unless it is kept in the crypto bank although that is another story). The point is the stagnating crypto price that if it takes 1 month of stable price then you get no profit. Would you sell your crypto coin in that kind of situation? How long are you willing to wait for the crypto to move in price before you sell it without profit?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There is a new crypto-currency that I am holding currently and of course it is going down on daily basis, I mean it's value. It's all time high is $7 and currently it is at $1. The main reason I am holding it for a very long time is because it is a very good project and of course I see it being compared to the likes of bnb in the nearest future and it's team is very hard-working. I can hold till $10-$15. The name is seedifyfund, listed on Kucoin.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
At times, we don't judge coins by its current move. Each coin has its own bull time. For the fact that it is not increasing in value now doesn't mean we should sell it off. Think of it, selling it off at a time it is decreasing in value will still amount to loss because it will be sold at a lower rate. I always keep coins I belive so much in its future. That's why it is advisable to deal with coins that you so much it's future.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Sometimes it's okay to give some coin chance to prove themselves. I've been keeping a coin in my wallet now for 2 months. It's value is plummeting. I was getting alarmed too but I decided to just forget it in my wallet and see what will become of it till the next six months. After that if the changes are not pleasing I will sell it off.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
This to me depends largely on the type of trader one is, If one happens to be a short term investors, automatically you will be looking out form short term profits and for this reason one might sell off assets as soon as profit are not forthcoming while a long term investor might still be patient till there is enough profit or his target time.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
When I was ignorant about stop loss feature on binance, I bought some shitty coins that have now dropped drastically and I am willing to hold till years to come for when they are going to appreciate. If I had known about stop loss and limits features on binance, I would not have lost much money, but I have learned my lessons though.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If you're trading, either short term or long term, you'll pick the right pair and invest based on buy or sell other, when it moves up when you place buy that means you'll gain, when it falls and you place buy you'll be gaining too. But if you're buying to holdl you'll simply wait till when the coin will starting moving up, if you're patient enough you'll earn.

Richee84

Everything depend on the mind of the Investor, if the person bought the coin for a long term investment even when the coin is lossing value the holder will still decide to keep it but if the coin is for a short investment (just for buy and sell) then the holder might be willing to sell them when it fall in value.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's why long time investment plan seems the better option than the rest when it comes to buying and saving of coins. Now that the coins are facing worst run of form daunt with steady bearish run. It isn't advisable to sell out of panic, instead save it and look up to what the future holds for the coin.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If the cryptocurrency is not gaining value and if you do not want to incur a loss by selling it, you can perhaps deposit the asset in the crypto bank and earn interest. I have been earning 4 percent interest on my bitcoins and bitcoin cash for 2-3 months. The interest earned is on the crypto deposit and not the fiat value.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Every cryptocurrency I am investing on is strictly for long-term purposes and I must adhere to that rules and regulation because selling off a cryptocurrency when the price has not fully increase means that you will be losing a lot of profit potential but at the same time this is something that must really be done with capital you are not interested to use for a long time..

I can hold a cryptocurrency for as long as it is still in existence and their operation is perfect without any possibility that it might rugpull in the future. That is one of the reason I always try as much as possible to filter out and try as much as possible also to invest in the best cryptocurrency for long-term purposes..

It's not really easy , cryptocurrency investment generally is a risk that must be taken by people who understand what this risk is all about.