Real estate How long to keep the real estate investment to earn substantial profit

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was in high school a family friend had converted their big farm land into a residential village. My mother worked part time as an agent. That’s when I learned that real estate is the best investment because the value does not suffer depreciation albeit the value increases continuously.

However, the real estate as an investment takes a long time to gain substantial profit. That is why they advised me to invest earlier (when I was 30 years old) so that the lot that I bought would be double in value after 5 years. When I sold the lot after about 10 years in my holdings the proceeds of the sale was more than double. For real estate investment set a program of 10 years of holding the property.

Phabbyfundz

Investment is a really important factor to be considered by anyone who wants to be financially successful and live an independent life should always take to investment as a means of generating more income. Most people spend more than they choose to invest leading to a lot of bad debts and loss of important funds.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Real Estate investment is for those who have a lot of funds and who can hold their investment for a long time. Real Estate investment does not give you profit overnight, Real Estate investment also can not be done with $100-$200, you need a lot of money. I am yet to make an investment in real etate.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I think you will have to wait for at least 4-5 years before your real estate property can actually give you profits. If you cannot keep your investment for 4-5 years, I don't think real estate market is for you. If you cannot hold your money for a long time, you may not profit

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Personally I may not be able to invest in real estate in now because I do not have the required money that is necessary to start and also real estate investment can only be profitable if you are investing a large amount of money. Sometimes it depends on how long you keep it that will determine your profit. People who are willing to keep it for 10 years should be able to generate a good profit.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
How long you should hold your real estate investment so that you can earn profits is depended on the real estate market in your country. If the market is bearish, you may have to hold for a longer duration, which could be 3-4 years, or even longer. However, if the rel estate market is bullish, you might be able to sell off your property in 2-3 months and earn substantial profit. How much you can earn and how fast you can earn depends on the market sitution.