How lucrative is bottled drink business

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
In Nigeria nowadays, plastic bottled drinks has been an habit among youths, despite the inflation in the price. This is because it is presentable and you get the benefit of owning the bottle even after you have finished the liquid in it. I am quite certain that it sells more in harmattan seasons and the sunny time compared to rainy or cold weather. I am aware of a friend that just ventured into it and I can tell you that he does not look like he’s regretted the action because he is actually making good income from it. Truth be told, you will need adequate capital to get the profits that can encourage you, I guess the same goes for every other businesses out there. You will need to have a good company you can get supplies from in a wholesale rate so as to sell it to retailers, I mean the people that will distribute it to the customers. You just have to make some kind of necessary agreement with them, and whenever you are in need, you will place your order and they will come and deliver it to you wherever your warehouse is, it is also called a depot.

I can relate with what you shared, bottle water are really ideal in Nigeria, most of us spend most of our time in traffic and we might be thirsty in the process and buying sachet water(pure water) is a no brainer because they're not portable, if you don't finish it you can't keep it, but with bottle water it's very easy to do, some even use it to do efizzy, 😂.

Many bottle water sellers are retailers and because of how fast they sell in holdup and markets, there are always someone that needs to drink water, hence making it lucrative for the sellers.

Average bottle water is 100 naira and you can get it at a wholesale price of 80 naira, hence 20 naira is a decent profits for one bottle.

This business is an industry entirely and will require millions of naira for you to set it up, I've been able to watch some YouTube videos on how most of the city bottle drink companies are producing it, from those videos I have made to understand that everything is automatic and in a situation like this you need to make sure you set up everything which might require a large sum of money before you are able to run this business perfectly, you can research more on how the business really work maybe to get a better understanding about it.

Bottled drinks have captured the attention of almost everybody in Nigeria but mostly among the youth cos of their love for energetic or sugary drinks. Infact, we can make more money doing this business cos sugary drinks and sugary eatable things are highly demanded for by children and to most adults, but this is huge capital business.