How lucrative is dry cleaning business?

Briangsam

I see many dry cleaners and dry cleaning businesses around and I ask myself how they make profits each time I see any. I can't believe something as casual as washing a couple of clothes for people is capable of racking up profits to make ends meet. How lucrative is it?

Hena101

This is a mystery that even me i thought about it several time on how lucrative this business will be to the extent that it can meet ends. But when i talk with one of the dry cleaner in my area i was shocked when he told me the kind of money he make everyday he wash and iron peoples clothes i can believe it that he can earn more than or almost twice of the minimum wage of a government worker it's there i understand that it's lucrative

Hena101

This is a mystery that even me i thought about it several time on how lucrative this business will be to the extent that it can meet ends. But when i talk with one of the dry cleaner in my area i was shocked when he told me the kind of money he make everyday he wash and iron peoples clothes i can believe it that he can earn more than or almost twice of the minimum wage of a government worker it's there i understand that it's lucrative

Godslamp

Dry cleaning like other small business is lucrative. It has always been on of the under rated business that pays well to the owner. It just depends on it location. If u cite your business in a location where there is high demand then u just made yourself an oil mill

Teatea

I know a guy close to my area who is into dry cleaning services, he start very small and he worked from his one room apartment at the time. He did not even have a machine then, he would wash with manually, sun dry and iron and his work was very neat. After a while, he bought a washing machine and then he rented a work space. He now has a fully equipped shop and people working under him.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Dry cleaner or Laundry business is very lucrative,once you put thing in to other.
First things to do is to go and make research or findings about the the business.
Make sure you get good shop that will be accessible to the customers ,
Make sure that there is running water there and electric supply of the place is constant.
The method of advertising is okay
And your packaging to must be superb .
The last thing is the price,your price must not be to high so that customers we not run away. If you can do this you will surely make profit.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Well, I have seen so many people setted up a dry cleaning business and some of them are doing very fine with the business but there are some which are situated at wrong places so they are not really making sales.
That's why we need to consider location while planning on opening a dry cleaning shop. We need to make sure the people that lives around your dry cleaning shop are too big to do their laundries.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Right now a lot of people are way too busy for them to consider doing minor things like washing and ironing their clothes on their own. I think this is going to be a very good business but it is one that your customer service delivery needs to be spot on. What I mean is that you should always ensure that the date you put for the delivery of the clothes should be consistent.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
All businesses are lucrative depending on the way they are managed. If you take your time to go and study how those launder do their works, you will discover that they are doing it in a unique way which make it profitable. So, it is not about laundering service, it is about the management and good location of the business among other factors that will determine its profitability.