How many percent of your savings will you invest in real estate ?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
We all have our own different ways of investing in real estate business if an opportunity arises, most people will rather prefer to buy a land to develop it, while others will mostly prefer to buy an already made property to rent out or used for business, all these are for the main purpose of making money in the future, since real estate investment is profitable to most people, at the same time a lot of people are sceptical about investing money in real estate because they are afraid that they might be scam, research has make me to understand that real estate is one of the most profitable investment anyone can venture into with less risk, best on the fact that real estate is profitable and doesn't have so much risk unlike cryptocurrency which you might be at risk of being liquidated.

The question is if you have the opportunity to invest in real estate business , what percentage of your saving will you invest in real estate ? Waiting to hear from you ..

Last edited by a moderator:
The total amount of my funds is yet to be finalized by the 1st week of January. My plan is to invest more than half of it in real estate. My target is the nearby land where the developer will build a townhouse compound. They are already selling on a pre-construction basis but I will only buy when the townhouse is ready for occupancy. I don't believe in the cheaper price of the pre-con unit because many cases showed that after paying the offered price the townhouse remains not build even after 2 years. Anyway, I hope that my computation is correct that I can afford to buy 2 units of the townhouse when it is finished by 2022.

Though right now, I do not have plan as regards real estate for now. My income is not really much for me to afford a plot of land or developing one. But with this post, am beginning to think towards it. Maybe, I may plan it as well. Since every body knows that land appreciates every time. I over heard a colleague of mine saying the land he bought for #350,000 about 8months ago, is now worth a million naira. I didn't believe him at first but I later discovered that it was true. If I have the opportunity of investing into real estate, I will like to invest more than 60% of my savings into it because it is highly profitable. As long as you bought the properties from a legit company and person, you can not lose at all. It is really better than cryptocurrencies that is not stable at all. I will to work towards it and plan ahead so as to meet up. I appreciate this post.

I think to measure the percentage of the money to be spare for any investment depends on how viable the business or estate business is .
Before any body will drop any huge amount of money for investment there must be some thing good that will come out there . Though inverting in estate business is very good but yet one need to be very careful and manage the resource in hand very well.

Real estate investment can be a safe way for growing your wealth. Although, it will cost lot of money to buy a house, but generally prices of real estate tends to rise. So if you maintain the property well, you could see positive return on your investment. Some people have much of their net worth tied up in the house’s equity. Well, you shouldn't tie too much of your net worth in real estate because it can result in liquidity problems. It can expose you to more risk and also prevents you from pursuing other investments.

I really do not plan to invest into real estate with my regular money that I am getting from my day job . I understand that it is a very good industry to invest in but I do not have that kind of money at the moment. I am first of all going to invest the money into a restaurant and then I will be saving whatsoever profit I am getting from there with the plan that I will be able to invest in real estate one day. I believe this will make me to realise the amount of money that I need in a shorter time.