How much money do I need to acquire to stop working?

marcusfe

The major purpose for which everyone is working is to make money probably to be satisfied. But my question is, do men actually get satisfied after making so much money? The economists say that human want is insatiable. I think there should a certain stage in life when someone would make so much money and decide never to want more. Is there a particular amount someone can make to make such decision, or better still, is that kind or decision feasible in human life? As at this moment, the richest man in the world is still aspiring to make more money, is it supposed to be so?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
In the real sense of it there is no specific amount of money, and again it can be very relative depending on lifestyle and taste. But we can be looking at 100millions of dollars here. It depends on the type of business one would like to invest in after owning the said amount of money.

Daykas

To the question asked,there is no amount of cash that can make you stop working.
You are the decision maker of you life when it come to business, retirement from work and so on.
But has for me I think I can stop working once I have two to three stable investment that has a better future plan.
Or when I have business that am quite sure can last for 100days

Veetos12

The major purpose for which everyone is working is to make money probably to be satisfied. But my question is, do men actually get satisfied after making so much money? The economists say that human want is insatiable. I think there should a certain stage in life when someone would make so much money and decide never to want more. Is there a particular amount someone can make to make such decision, or better still, is that kind or decision feasible in human life? As at this moment, the richest man in the world is still aspiring to make more money, is it supposed to be so?
Riches is individual relative because we all have different aspirations. However, the amount of money needed for you to start your business depends on the type of business you intend doing.

Setfragil

There is no money that you make that will be enough for you to stop working because if you stop working and no money is coming in, you will spend the one you have and with time you're likely to be left with money. That is the reason why billionaires continues to work for money despite what they have achieved.

Hena101

There is no amount of money that one can acquire and stop working because he get such amount of money. Whenever you stop working where will you get the cash flow to continue to enjoy your life. Even though I'm yet to understand what you will do when you stop working but to me is not a good decision at all to stop working because of the money you have just invest them and continue to work and you will have another source of income

Olajidey

I think wanting to have more is part of the law of nature. If the richest man in the world is still making more money I don't see how much you can make and you think you can stop working because you see that this money can make you survive in the next 50 years. Human wants is insatiable and unlimited.

marcusfe

There is no money that you make that will be enough for you to stop working because if you stop working and no money is coming in, you will spend the one you have and with time you're likely to be left with money. That is the reason why billionaires continues to work for money despite what they have achieved.
I quite agree with you my man, human wants can never be satisfied. No matter how much a man make in life, he will still aspire to make more. Contentment in life is a person thing, and it is not everyone that has it. This is the more reason why many African leaders are sabotaging the future of their countries just of their inordinate desire to gather wealth.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If your are living in our country and you are already 30 years old or even older then you can stop working if you have $1,000,000 in your bank account. You can use half of that amount to buy a home, car, appliances and other assets. The other half can remain in the bank to earn minimal interest that will somehow be considered a small savings.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
This question looks weird and funny though. Their is no amount of money that satisfies human curiosity. As long as we're alive, we nerd more money to stay on the rich list if it is possible to acquire the whole world we can. Their are people who are simply like that, while some are contended with what they have not that they are satisfied if they have chance to add more.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
According to Abraham Maslow, there is hierarchy of needs. And the fact is that when you are done with one needs, another needs will come. However, to answer your questions, you need to know difference between needs and wants. The richest person on earth is not aspiring for more wealth for needs. He has everything he needs. He is only aspiring more money because of wants. Because human can never run out of wants.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
To me the question that you asked seems funny but at the same time not funny.
Since human want is un-certiable therefore the human want is unlimited. Which means the more you get the more you want. Ones want can never be satisfy until one died.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
World richest people like Elon musk, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and so many of them are billionaires but they are still working on daily basis to make more money. So I don't think there is any amount of money that should make you to stop working entirely. If you stop working because you have made so much amount of money a time will come when the money may be reducing and of course your net worth will go down.

Mellorando

Banned
As long as there is life and as long as life move on everyday human being will continue to spend money that is why we have to end to spend so I don't think there is a specific amount an individual should acquire to stop working because money is one basic factors that make life easier and as long as good night beings need and want increases everyday there is also need to work harder to earn money

Rachael

Verified member
The future is unpredictable and nothing is absolutely guaranteed. There is every tendency that after saving what you understand by acquiring so much money, an unforeseen event springs up and puts the whole money at stake and then, it would be too late to start working all over again because t would now be seen as a new thing. No matter the wealth I achieve, it is not a license to make me set such decision to stop doing what brings in money.

I do not know what if feels like to acquire so much money but even if I become a billionaire today, I would never give up working but the only thing is that, I would reduce the rate in which I work and give some sensitive positions to my trusted allies, if any. During my old age, I would also reduce the rate at which I put my strength to work. I have never heard of any wealthy person who gives up on making money, rather they still go ahead to enter into deals with other reputable brands. Money is not static in nature, it is dynamic such that, the value can either rise or dwindle and in most cases, the value would fall. At every opportunity, money has to be made without a break.

blessingc

Well for me except I get old I don't see a reason why I should stop working no matter how much I have. Having much money is not a sin, u don't know what may happen tomorrow, I besides I need to lay a good ground for my children unborn and for my retirement age so, by then I won't get to suffer if Christ tarries or beg for help.

No one on earth prays to fall sick or to go bankrupt but things happen, where people need huge amount of money that they have never gotten before. Unforseen circumstances happen in this life. Even if I am having much money and I'm not comfortable with my job or working under somebody I can establish a good business for myself and my future and invest much into it, see how it grow and then I employ people to work, so I can pay them. In so doing I am not working up myself neither am I idle, I am earning bug time with little stress. Earning online can also be a means of keeping my income coming in.

To keep working despite having so, much is never a bad idea, it proves you are not a lazy person.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I don't think that anyone can ever reach a point where they don't want to make anymore money. Economists were so right when they said that human needs are insatiable. That is why you see that the more money you make, the more of it you want. So even the richest person on earn keeps on striving to make money.

Then you see you need money to afford so many things in life. Food, shelter, clothing, an education, fun activities, rich people even pay to go for physical exercise in a gym or to hire a personal trainer. So as long as these needs are there, you will need to make money.

You also have people depending on you. As a man, you have children and a wife who see you as the provider of the family. Some men even marry more than one wife and gets several children, that person will need to keep making money.

Now you may think that people just work hard for these basic things,. No, people want a comfortable and luxurious life. So they will keep on making as much money so as to afford such a life which can be so expensive. Once you taste a comfortable life, you will never want anything lesser.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I doubt there's any amount of money you would have now that should keep you away from working, remember even if you are zillionaire in dollars when once you deplete your money by a cent you are not longer that and you continue to deplete and before you know it you might just be broke

I'm one person that believes in continuous work to earn money so even after retirement I think people still needs to work after leaving their jobs for sustainability or else you become broke in the near future.

So you need to continue working still you kick the bucket because there is no way you wouldn't still be buying things and nothing deplete ones income like expenses. The truth remains that there's no way you can't do without spending money.

So the bottom line here is that no money will be enough to keep one balling forever. you still need to continue working or investing but this as time around you might just be doing mild jobs while your money works for you.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Good evening everyone! The topic you have chosen is very interesting indeed. It is true that money is very important in life. You cannot survive without money. You need money to cover your daily needs and the needs of your family. Furthermore, money offers financial freedom so you can make plans for the future. Therefore, people are looking for ways to make a lot of money fast either online or offline.

In my opinion, there is no amount of money that someone can acquire so as to stop working. This has to do with the lifestyle, expenses, desires and ambitions of each person. For most people money is never enough. Unfortunately, nowadays, people have created a lot of needs and some of them are not even real. They always need something like a bigger house, a faster car, a better laptop or smartphone. This is endless! Although these needs are not real, people feel that they have to cover them otherwise they are not happy. This is our modern world!

In conclusion, I believe that it is highly significant for people to understand that money is not everything in life and it does not always bring happiness. Undoubtedly, there are other things in life that are far more important than money like health, peace and love.

Richee84

In life the desire or taste to make more money will always be there, making money everyday is never enough for us to say we want to stop earning money.. The richest man today still continue work to keep increasing his or her earns on a daily basis, the rich never stop working because they never want to stop been rich and will prefer to remain as a rich man at the top. The truth of the matter is that in life human want are insatiable in nature so there for there will never be any amount and f money that will make a man to stop working. Money are better utilize when they are invested to generates more money to the one already on ground, stop working simply means to stop utilizing or investing with the money and if that happen the money will only be depreciating on a daily basis as the owner feed on it and did not invest it on capital project to bring in more income. The only thing that o have seen that make someone to stop work is old age or due to illness, money can never be enough for man to stop looking for more money.