How much monthly pension or stipend would be enough for your retirement?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The maximum monthly pension we have from the government agency is $200. That would be substantial for a pensioner who has his own home and living with the spouse and not children. However, we have to take note of the value of money that in 5 years a portion of the pension will be eaten by inflation. As the saying that man does not live alone we also have to set aside a budget for small luxuries like travel, dining out and buying clothes plus personal services like a massage or a trip to the salon.

In our standard I am fine with my monthly pension because my wife has her own pension when she retires. That means we can have a total pension of $400 every month. In your case, do you think that $400 is enough for your pension?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
$400 is about #180,000. I think that amount of money will definitely be enough for people who are retired but it will not solve all their problems on monthly basis because of inflation and high cost of living. In my country, if you don't have lots of children, with that money you will live averagely comfortable.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Money is one of the assets that we cnt get enough of. There are many wants even than needs most time and they all need to be solved. The minimum amount needed by any retiree will now depend on the country they live whether especially if there is no inflation.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don't know how much money the government retiree receives every month but I think it is based on how much money they were drawing by the time they retired. They will be receiving a certain percentage of their salary, which means the people who retired from the higher positions will receive higher retirement benefits.