How Much Time Did Your Blog Take To Make Significant Amount Of Income?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Blogging is not that easy and there are many people who earn nothing. The big problem with blogging is that it takes a lots of effort and hard work to make your blog popular. There are many people who start a blog but they eventually abandon the blog once they start thinking that blogging is not producing any good results when it comes to generating income. I thought about starting a blog a few years ago and I tried creating a free blog using a blogspot blog. It was an unattractive blog, but the content and the information on that blog was really good that would attract people. But I still abandoned it. Anyway, How Much Time Did Your Blog Take To Make Significant Amount Of Income?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Personally I do not have a website but from research I think it will depend on the effort you are putting in improving your blog and making it popular ,some people will be able to get a better rating on their website quicker and some people might take a longer period. It all depends on you and want you have to offer on your sitr

Shaf

Verified member
I have started both free blogs and those ones that I paid hosting for. My returns from both after a yeah was nothing.

As easy as it sounds that one can make money blogging, reality is that it's not. It's not all about writing some articles and pasting a few pictures on your site and applying for AdSense.

I knew a lot of these when I had to start optimizing my site, changing features on the template used, looking for sources of significant traffic because it's hard to rank on search engines and get organic traffic immediately.

I would advise anyone starting a blog to get a mentor first, or a good paid course that can put you through instead of doing it all alone.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It takes a long time to start making money with your blogging. It took me about 8 months plus to start making money with my affiliate blogging. Blogging require consistent work if you want to see results fast.

The first thing you are going to encounter when you are blogging is sandbox. this usually happens when a blood is here to have an authority in the face of Google search engine.

It will be very difficult for that blog to rank for some of the key words unless the owner start building quality links. You are going to receive reward overtime if you are consistent with the effort you are putting into your blogging.

If you are planning to start blogging, it is very important to do keyword research. your major aim is to come up with lots of low competitive keywords for the niche site you want to create.

Low competitive keywords you are targeting on your website will give you chance to rank quickly on Google search engine and start receiving free organic traffic.

You only need to create an in-depth content on those new competitive keywords you are targeting on your blog. You have to be consistent in publishing new content so that Google will indexe your post fast.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Long time ago, I had a blog that I monetized then. On the blog I do post articles on entertainment and I do have views up to 1000 every day. Then because I was using a free blogspot I could not apply for Google AdSense. But I registered with some other ad networks. Because I have small traffic on the blog, I was earning very small income from the blog. I was earning up to $1 in 2 days.