How often should you follow up marketing mails?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Email marketing is something that is really not easy and comes with a whole lot of stress , especially when you're not getting any replies for people that you have sent the mails to .

Most of the time , it is often believed that when it comes to email marketing, you have to follow up multiple times before being able to seal a deal .

In fact , experience has helped me to understand that 80% of the deals usually come to pass after the 5th or more follow-up that is done by marketers.

The real problem here is the fact that a lot of people are not willing to go with the stressful method of follow-up , because they feel it is not worth it and necessary.

From the little experience that I have so far , I've come to realise that once you do not do a follow up mail after the first one you sent , you would most likely not be able to get people to pay attention to whatever you are sending to them .

Another thing that I have to bear at the back of your mind is the fact that, some of them may not even have noticed your first email you sent and then there is a need to send them a second one which will then enable them to understand what you are talking about .

What differentiates successful marketers from unsuccessful ones is usually the fact that unsuccessful ones do not want to pass through the stress of follow-up .

From the experience that you may have had so far when it comes to email marketing what is the number of time that you have to follow up on a previous marketing emails you have sent ?

Are there any individual here who think that follow up is not necessary?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The answer to this question depends on a lot of things.

First, you have to decide when your goal is to follow up by—you may want to aim for the same day, or you may decide it's more appropriate to wait for a week. This depends on how urgent your offer is, and how sensitive the situation is. If you're offering a coupon code that expires in 24 hours, it makes sense that you'd want to get back in touch as soon as possible. If you're reaching out to someone about a job opening, but they're still at their current position, it might be better to let them know that you'll reach out every so often until they're available.

Second, consider the goals of each follow-up email. Each one should have a different purpose, and should demonstrate your willingness to take initiative and make things happen without waiting for someone else's action. You can also use these emails to show how much research you've done into the company and its needs—for example, you can send links to relevant articles or ask questions about their current practices.

Third, consider sending something other than normal maeketing email. You could give them enticing offer or discount, if you selling a product.

E

eldavis

The major problem with email marketing is that people do not actually make use of their emails. Let's take myself for example, I have received a lot of messages for one thing or the other, on my email, but I have never actually clicked on any of them. There are so many others like that as well, as long as they did not apply for that, they would treat every mail they get as spam and would do Notting about it.

Austinaldo

Email marketing is still very much profitable. I hear people say that it is fading away but I ask them does the invention of TV make radio stations obsolete? The answer is very obvious. People still read their email and this means there's still a lot of opportunities that abound in email marketing.

For the question about following up, I think three days intervals should do. You don't want to spam the customers and at the same time, you don't want to loss their attention. You can have a template written down or a timer to keep you up to speed on how long since your last email.

3 days for me is a good timeline to keep and if you can put your headlines in a way that grabs attention, customers would naturally get back to you as to if they're interested in your services or not.

The replies you expect wouldn't be the same. Because not everyone of the customers will reply. That's just how it is in the world of marketing. You just have to keep emailing them but ensure you don't come off as spamming. This is very important for your reputation. The industry is big enough to achieve anything we want. Thanks.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I got your points dear, not everyone loves such kind of stress when it comes to marketing. Only those who wants to taste success follows through such routes, and they end up reaching their goal due to hard work they expected while pushing their marketing career up. To do affiliate marketing it isn't a day gig, you have to be consistent uding different ways to seek for customers. It is best advised, not to go for paid traffic in order to get sales from there. At times we might pay at the end of the day, their is no sales at all. So, it is better to reserve funds, use our own strategy to push for sales and wasting money for it. Their are plenty ways to get sales without paying, as an affiliate marketer. Sharing of backlink of the affiliate product is an option, especially on a platform that is discussing about the product we are offering. Developing a social media pages is an option aside email marketing, if it is hard to get going with. Affiliate marketing is broad, and not everyone understands the tricks to make it work for them. Those who understands affiliate marketing are making money through it.

Sodiq

Well, personally I think follow up is very important in email marketing as @Bookwormlux already stated above that most email marketer sealed a deal after about 5 follow up or more. Following up with a potential customers to me is one of most difficult part of email marketing, because you might do over 500 email campaign and sometimes you won't get a response from them same thing happened when following up.

Most email marketer gives up at that stage. Because they could not meet up with the stress and the fustration. However, from my personal experience, I only give it a break if and only if, I have done up to 12 follow up without reply from the prospective buyers.

And also, why doing the follow up make sure you didn't spam the prospective buyers, I always stays within the time frame of 3-14 days before following up.

Setho

VIP Contributor
One of the ways in which you can be able to meet potential client is by sending a cold emails. It might not necessarily buy email alone but you can also send it through direct messaging on social media networks or through text . The aim is for you to be able to reach out to them and then offer your services to them or at least a potential collaboration . Sometimes they might not respond to you will have to send a follow-up email but these are the indications for it .

If you have reasons to believe that you did not better sell yourself in the first email and it has created some kind of doubt in the mind of your potential clients and you have come up with something more convincing , then that is an opportunity for you to send another code email .

You can also be able to send them a follow-up email if they are changes to the initial terms that you have indicated in the first write-up especially if you want to be able to convince them or show them just how much it is going to be beneficial for them to work with you.