How to Add Two Factor Authentication on Your Website

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Hacking is probably the worst thing to happen to your website. With each passing day, hackers are getting sophisticated, and can hack your website any time they want even when you have secured your website with a strong password. There are various ways to secure your website and here I am going to show how to stop your website from getting hacked by adding Two Factor Authentication.

What is Two Factor Authentication?

This is a simple process to add extra layer of security. If someone tries to access your website from a new device or IP, he/she will be prompted to submit one time passcode that will be sent on your phone or email.

How to Add Two Factor Authentication on Your WordPress Website

For this purpose, you need to install a plugin called WP 2FA. This is a Two Factor Authentication plugin for Wordpress. Once you activate the plugin, you will have to go through set up wizard and choose how you want to receive one time passcode.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Similar to Drupal and Joomla as you could confirm 2FA once login into your admin cpanel to avoid any hack inconvenience that could be caused due to a security issue.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have a couple of wordpress websites, however, I have not used Two Factor Authentication plugins on any of my websites. Instead of Two Factor Authentication plugin for Wordpress, I use loginizer plugin. THis plugin blocks login when the user submits wrong login details for three times. The purpose of using security plugins on your website is to secure your website from hacking. When you use these security plugins, people might not be able to get into your site easily. However, even when you are not using security plugins people might easily steal your content. You cannot stop people from doing that. While securing your website with plugins like tw factor authentication can be good, what you should be focused on securing your domain registrar account and hosting account. If someone gets into your domain registrar account, he can get into your hosting account and steal your domain and webste.