How to Address Unemployment and Poverty

Mika

VIP Contributor
Unemployment is a huge problem everywhere, from the United States where it is 3.7 percent to China where it is 5.2 percent, it is causing problem in developed as well as developing countries. Unemployment usually leads to poverty. When there is poverty in the society, it will create extreme poverty as poverty leads to a lack of education, training, and skills. Without the necessary knowledge and skills for work, generating income becomes challenging. Countries facing poverty often exhibit low literacy rates, and other factors such as armed conflict and terrorism contribute significantly to the cycle of poverty. So, how do you think we can address this issue?

Activator230822

Verified member
For me l think that the problem of unemployment has mostly ravaged the developing and third world countries for that matter.
I wou confidently say that my African continent is the most hard hit by the unemployment disease.

This is however culminated by different reasons that seem very challenging to solve.
I think the developed nations should lend a helping hand to fund the education of many African youths and look for Jobs abroad because there are no jobs on their home countries either.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Firstly, the government need to do their best by making the country habitable for citizens, basic amenities, such as Good road, transportation system, good and affordable university and low cost of feeding. I will use Nigeria as a case study, the government have to do their part so they will pave way for citizens to do theirs. The school curriculum should include courses that would equip students with the skills to face real life challenges, with this they will have the mentality of creating job for themselves, especially when the country is conducive and not plagued with insecurities, lack of electricity, inflation and the likes.