How to Avoid Rejections in the Job Market?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Getting rejected in the job market is a common thing, however, there are methods that you can use to boost your chances of getting hired.

Did you know that over 76 percent of resumes get rejected because they are not prepared properly? Look up examples online to create a polished resume.

Your application is your chance to impress potential employers. Pay attention to your writing. Many applications get rejected because of poor writing, so take the time to research how to write a strong one.

Clean up your social media profiles. These days it is common practice to check linkedIn and other social media pages of the applicants.

Fidelia1

Before you apply for any job, be sure to understand what the job role entails and prepare yourself for the interview. So many people scale though the resume process but get rejected at the interview stage. Be sure that you are prepared for oral, practical and written interview. That preparation would help you avoid rejection.

Another reason why a person would have high rates of rejection is the fact that they keep applying for jobs that they are not qualified for. They would be rejected surely.

King bell

VIP Contributor
To avoid rejections in a competitive job market, it is important to do some things. These include; matching your resume and cover letter with the job requirements, finding out more about the company and position, connecting with professionals in the field, continuously developing skills, getting ready for interviews, sending thank-you notes as a follow-up and staying positive throughout the process of searching for a job. You should always bear in mind that rejection does not mean you are worthless or have no potential but rather an integral part of this phase. Therefore remain committed; be persistent while maintaining high spirits as they enhance your employability quotient. Take note of minor achievements along the way; use setbacks as stepping stones towards achieving greatness because continuous improvement ensures goal realization at any level within an organization where there’s need for new talent which is driven by dedication combined with self-improvement mentality underpinned by optimism throughout one’s career journey so far — success awaits those who never give up!

Etini

Valued Contributor
I have never been rejected in any workplace because I take my time to research a potential workplace and I build competence before applying for any job. I have been privileged to be part of a team interviewing candidates to fill a job position and I have to say that most candidates that are repeatedly rejected by organisations are simply unemployable. So if you got rejected after a job interview, you should do a self assessment before you go ahead to apply for another job.