How to Become a Successful Blogger

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
The main thing about being successful in blogging is to get plenty of good quality, targeted traffic to your blog. Therefore you have to create an interest in your topic or niche. Once you start getting interest in your blog you will begin to see a rise in your profits.

Choose your topic carefully because readers who arrive at your blog from a search engine will want to see that they can read about the topic they were looking for. Be sure your blog is easy to navigate and readers can find just what they are looking for and perhaps some things they weren’t looking for but find interesting and it keeps them coming back for more.

Never overcrowd your blog with unnecessary information which the reader may not wish to know about. Keep to your niche and you should do alright.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Blogging is a very lucrative venture and anyone can venture into it and make money provided you have the right knowledge and understanding of how it works and the right tools to use. I always advise people to know how to create quality content before they venture into blogging. You also need persistence if you really want to become a successful blogger.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Blogging is one of the ways money can be made online. It is however done as a result of passion and not really to make money. So, to make money from blogging, there should be need to be writing quality material and be taking into consideration the option of the users.

Mika

VIP Contributor
How do you measure success. If you are earning $20 per day from your blog, do you think you are successful? If you get 1000 daily visits but do not earn much on your site, do you still consider yourself a successful blogger? How you measure success depends on your priorities.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
To be a successful blogger is not easy because I believe that a blogger to have many readers also need luck. I know of bloggers who did not become popular when their blogs are good and the niche is the same with other bloggers who are popular. But I also agree that you need to write good blogs that are interesting and easy to read.

D

Deleted member 13140

Okay so I have some tips to add too, so in other to be a successful blogger, you need to spy on other bloggers, not just your competitors other fellow niche bloggers, any blogger who is into the same niche as you, it really helps, because whatever they do, you're sure it's the latest trick to be successful, but if you spy on competitors then all you're looking at is methods that experts use not methods that Beginners use to become an expert

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You must be ready to put in a lot of work if you want to become a successful blogger. You must post unique content on your blog regularly virtually every day. I was reading about a successful blogger few days ago. The blog owner stated that he has over 5000 posts on his blog and is generating a lot of money from them..

Mika

VIP Contributor
Never overcrowd your blog with unnecessary information which the reader may not wish to know about. Keep to your niche and you should do alright.
I agree with this point. A lot of websites I visit publish irrelevant content, a lot of blog posts are too lengthy because they provide unnecessary details on the topics. Visitors can tolerate your long content only when it provides relevant information. Becoming successful with blogging means having a lot of readers on your blog.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You must be ready to pay the price if you want to become a successful blogger. you must have excellent keyword research techniques under your belt. this will help you to uncover some of the Golden keywords you can write for your audience which no one is talking about. You also need to build your authority in any industry you find yourself.

Mika

VIP Contributor
ready to pay the price
what kind of price do you have to pay to become a successful blogger? In my opinion, becoming successful with blogging is more related to having professional-level skills in writing, digital marketing, and SEO. You also need to be very prolific, i.e. write a lot of articles and publish regularly on your site.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Mika when I say someone needs to be ready to pay the price before they can become a successful blogger, I mean the person must be ready to do all the necessary things it takes before they can become a blogger. This include but not limited to mastering the niche inside out, having enough patience because blogging takes time to work out. The most be ready to network with other people in the industry a lot more.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I understand, you were using the term figuratively. I was just trying to be sure what you were trying to say. Becoming successful blogger is more related to having skills in multiple areas, being very patient, and also working hard. When I say being patient, I mean you will have to wait for years.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Blogging is a great way to share your thoughts, experiences, and expertise on a website. There are many factors in how successful your blog is, but the most important aspect is that you put thought into every part of it.
Here are some common mistakes beginners make and how to avoid them:
1. Don't write aimlessly
It's best not to start a blog with no purpose or goal in mind. Once you start writing, then you can figure out what you want to talk about, but know the direction you want your blog to take before you begin.
2. Don't obsess about the length of your post
There's no specific word count for a good blog post, but it should be long enough to get your point across without rambling on too long. A good rule of thumb is just to say all you have to say and then stop writing. If you find yourself adding more just because, then consider splitting it up into multiple posts.
3. Don't write only when inspiration strikes
If you're not feeling inspired at the moment, don't force yourself to write just for the sake of having content on your site. It will show in your writing and readers will be able to tell that it's not

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have been blogging for two years, I make money from my blogs, am I a successful blogger? The term "successful blogger" is really hard to describe because for those who don't earn money, making money from their blogs might be considered successful, whereas those who are already earning from blogs, might think of "success" as something that is making them a lot of money. Before you start blogging, you need to make a realistic goal, you need to be clear on what you are trying to achieve from your blogging activities. If your primary intention of blogging is making money, you need to make a realistic target. If you want to make $1000 per month from your blog, that's fine but you also need to consider whether that is a realistic goal or not. Well, making $1000, or even $5000 from your blog is absolutely possible, however, in order to reach that kind of earning target you need tons of traffic, thinking about receiving 50K or even 100k daily traffic. In order to pull that kind of traffic, your content must go viral on social media and your over 50 percent content must rank number one on high traffic keywords.