How To Build a Top Performing Content

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are a writer, you will have to build a content that is likely to become a top performer. Here are few tips to build a top performing content

Heading: Articles with long headlines (14 plus words) get two times more traffic, two times more shares, and 5 times more backlinks compared to the articles with short headline (7-10 words). The best performing headlines are list, guide and how to. The list gets 2 times more traffic and 2 times more shares. Guides and how to articles get 2 times more traffic.

If your article body has a lot of H2 and H3 tags, you will get 36 percent more traffic, shares and backlinks. If your content is 3000 plus words, you will get 3 times more traffic, 4 times more shares, and 3.5 times more backlinks compared to the average length articles with 900-1200 words. If your articles are short (300-900 words), you may not get any shares.

If your article has 5 lists for every 500 words, you are likely to get 2 times more traffic and shares.

This data was published by a SEO company semrush.

Therefore, next time you sit to build content, make sure you are writing a long article, use a lot of H2 and H3 tags, provide lists or write guide or how to articles.

I can't imagine writing 3000 words for my article. My articles normally have 1000-1500 words. Internet users have short attention, they will normally spend just 20-30 seconds on each webpage unless they find it extremely useful and interesting. However, I do agree that articles that are lists, guides, and how to guides will better engagement from the users because internet users are mainly looking for information and these articles provide a lot of information. H2 and H3 tags are important. You can use long-tail search terms as subtitles and use H2 and H3 tags on your subtitles. This will help in search engine ranking.