How to Build Better Social Media Content By Using Popular Culture?

Mika

VIP Contributor
In order to maximize your social media marketing, you need to use popular culture in your social media content. When your social media content uses popular culture, your marketing will be more relatable to the young people mostly Gen Z. When the young people can relate to your content, they will likely share the content. Thus driving more traffic and generating more revenue. Using popular culture on your social media post will also make your marketing current. Your social media content needs to attract young people because they are the people who are most active on social platforms.

So, what exactly is popular culture that you need to use on your social media posts?

Following are the elements used in popular culture.

Animated GIF

Memes

Emoji

Emoticon

Trending audio on Reels or TikTok

Using slang instead of standard language

Posting commentaries in the live events

By using these elements, you will be able to gain traction with your social media posting.

cmoneyspinner

Oh my! You make me feel so old. I just can not adopt some of these methods. One thing I know about social media is that you should be "true to your heart". LOL. Using memes, trending audio on Reels or TikTok, and today's slang ... is just not me. But I do likee GIFs and I think I'll try posting commentary on live events. Where is the best place to find live events where I can leave comments?

Suba

Staff member
Oh my! You make me feel so old. I just can not adopt some of these methods. One thing I know about social media is that you should be "true to your heart". LOL. Using memes, trending audio on Reels or TikTok, and today's slang ... is just not me. But I do likee GIFs and I think I'll try posting commentary on live events. Where is the best place to find live events where I can leave comments?
You don't need to worry, because not all entrepreneurs have to run all business matters alone, as well as in maximizing social media marketing that applies popular culture, especially if the products you sell are aimed at young people related to models, such as shoes, bags, dresses etc. . Of course you can ask for help from family and relatives who master elements of popular culture.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Memes, GIFs and audio clips are my favorite marketing tools. People can so easily relate to these popular icons. People also tend to engage more on audio visual images compared to text based or only static images. If you want to use a popular iconography to shine your social media posts, make sure to use original content, if you are sharing the same memes that have been overtly shared on social media platforms, you might not be able to gain engagements on your posts because people will rarely engage to stale content. Your posts need fresh content.; Even though you can find a lot of sites where you can find memes, GIFs etc to share on social media, you need to create your own memes and GIFs. Here lies the importance of graphic design. If you can do graphic designing, you can easily create your own social media posts including memes, etc. If you do not have graphic designing skills, you can use online tools to create these popular iconography, these tools will create memes, GIFs etc. However, before you create posts for your social media posting, you need to analyze your audience. Your posts should be something that your audience understands.