Business Ideas How to Build Business From Your Hobbies?

Mika

VIP Contributor
I believe you can build a business from your hobbies. In fact, I once built a business from my hobby. I always wanted to create an app for myself (my hobby). I finally created an app, marketed the app to make it earn via ad mob, and then finally sold the app to earn more profits.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I like this topic because I am in the process of evaluating if I would proceed with the suggestion of making a business of my gardening. I give away planting materials to those who need because I want the world to be filled with plants and trees. What if I sell the seedlings of cashew, custard apple, star fruit and other planting materials, oh gee, that would be money for me.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Indeed most of people's hobbies can be turned into businesses. You just have to find out how those things you love doing can benefit other people. You end up realizing it is something that people need. So you can sell it to them and make the money out of something you love doing.

D

Deleted member 51169

Can you please tell me how my boring hobby can be turn to business? Chess is my hobby. Even my partner does not want to play. People see it as stress but that is what I drive joy doing.

Next is writing. Not until I got to know these sites that pays to post, I never knew I could earn from this skills. However, you mentioned something about Amazon and Kindle. Can you please give a detailed teaching on that next time, for a novice like me? I am interested in that. I have lots of unpublished poems.

D

Deleted member 13140

Yeah honestly starting a business from your hobby is the best, Because first you won't have to get bored of it, although boredom can come from literally anything but the advantage is that you won't actually run out of ideas along the way.
And besides Its all hobbies that one can start a business from.
Like me I love coding and I really want to build an app but well starting an online business from it, it's reay weird.
Freelancing or app developer..

fmwinneer

tiktok, youtube , instagram , are the top 3 for this .
you have to create contenenats , ideas . i have friends who are good in playing piano, drawing , fitness. and all of them create conteenant for living

Mika

VIP Contributor
Can you please tell me how my boring hobby can be turn to business? Chess is my hobby. Even my partner does not want to play. People see it as stress but that is what I drive joy doing.

Next is writing. Not until I got to know these sites that pays to post, I never knew I could earn from this skills. However, you mentioned something about Amazon and Kindle. Can you please give a detailed teaching on that next time, for a novice like me? I am interested in that. I have lots of unpublished poems.
I do not know how your hobby of chess playing can be turned into a business but your writing hobby can be turned into an income stream. You can sell your writing services, publish books, maintain a blog, etc. In fact, there are a lot of ways to make money as a writer. If you have poems you can sell your poems as lyrics.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
All of us have some kind of hobbies and we are spending our spare time with our hobbies. However, not many people realize that the things you have done for fun and pass time, can be turned into a business.

Let say you have one of the following hobbies

Writing

Photography

Travelling

Gaming

Candle/soap making

Crocheting

Cooking

So, how do you build business from these hobbies of yours?

If your hobby is writing, why do you hide your works on a private blog or notepad, why not publish on Amazon Kindle. If you hobby is photography, why not sell your photographs or even offer photography services. If you have been making candles and soaps as a hobby, why not start selling your products through ebay or zazzle. If you enjoy crocheting, you not sell your items through etsy.

MOSIUR

If your hobby is writing, why do you hide your works on a private blog or notepad, why not publish on Amazon Kindle. If you hobby is photography, why not sell your photographs or even offer photography services. If you have been making candles and soaps as a hobby, why not start selling your products through ebay or zazzle. If you enjoy crocheting, you not sell your items through etsy.
@Jasmine You have correctly focused on very important things that can really change our life. You have mentioned Amazon Kindle to publish writings as a writer. But, at the time of registering, they want Tax Information that is TIN. TIN is the number only for a valid businessman. For the lack of TIN, I cannot submit the application! Would you please suggest me any way@Jasmine?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I know someone who likes to make different type of food and he end up setting up a restaurant at the heart of the city and she is making a lot of money every day. When she was interviewed and asked about a routine in the restaurant, she said she didn't see it as a routine because of the passion she has for cooking.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, some of the great businesses were built by people who were just trying to explore their hobbies. For example, I know a woman whose hobby was making pickles. She used to give her pickles as gifts but one day she decided to sell, lo and behold, now her pickle business is very big.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Establishing a business around your passion takes away the pain of not making money on time because you will still be thinking that you are catching fun with your hobbies. Also it'll be very difficult for you to give up because you will still see it as if you are catching fun. This is one of the things that separates does he finally make it from the rest.

websiteee

I build the business from my hobby is compose music songs. Millions of people listen to music in the words so makes it popular to me.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Setting up the business around your passion allow you to enjoy what you are doing and make money along the way. I have a friend who likes riding bicycle. You set up a bicycle rental around his hobby. He usually makes a lot of money every month renting out bicycle two different people while ride a bicycle of his own