Business Ideas How to Build Business From Your Hobbies?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It can be very difficult to create a business around your hobbies especially when you don't have business alacrity. If you are planning to establish business around your hobby, you can hire the service of a business expert to help you design how to start a business around your hubby. The business expert will come up the unique angles to set up a business with your hobby.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
If your hobby is a photograph it is good to set up a business around this hobby. there are lot of people who are making a living just by taking photograph. The only thing you need to do is to set up a standard studio where a lot of additional effects will be added on the picture you are taking. there are some people who are engaging in mass production of photo in My City and they are making lots of money in the process.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
If you have the capital to run the business , then you could possibly build a hobbies from the business and you make more gains in that process ,so many people have their hobbies and want to turn it to business ,but the thing that is affecting them is the capital to start

Jonaville

But not every hobby serves as a suitable avenue to make money. For example, my hobby is playing football, so how do I monetize it. Don't tell me to go into gambling, it will never happen in a million years. Also, not everyone can be a professional footballer. So where do I go from here?

L

Lilly2021

Don't build from your hobbies...look at what the market actually needs. Otherwise it stays a hobby

Mika

VIP Contributor
In order to make money from something, you need to be passionate about it. Hobbies are your pastime activities that you are passionate about and also bring you joy and pleasure. Interestingly, you can turn your hobby into a business. However, your hobbies need to be bankable, i.e. should have commercial value.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I have a friend who strange hobbies. He likes to break down common electronics at home and rebuild them. Though a lot of people complain about this but he enjoys doing it anyway. As I am talking to you right now he owns a business that repairs laptops and electronic gadgets. He makes enough money to further his education in the university to learn more about electronics and how they work.

Megamber

Simply deciding to turn your hobby into a business isn’t a goal. Of course, you want to be working on something you’re passionate about, but what else do you want from your business?

Do you intend to quit your day job and run it full-time? Are you just looking for a side hustle? Do you simply want a challenge or even just the freedom to make something on your own?

Ask yourself these questions and determine. To put it simply you need to know
  • How much it will cost to make your product or service.
  • How much it will cost to sell it.
  • How much your customer is willing to pay.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Here is a list of everyday hobbies with great potential that can be turned into a profitable business:

Photography: You can sell photographs on iStock or even on Etsy.

Digital Art: You can sell digital arts on Fine Art America

Cooking: You can sell cook books or make recipe videos and earn from YouTube

Mika

VIP Contributor
Setting up the business around your passion allow you to enjoy what you are doing and make money along the way.
If you are doing something you are passionate about, you are very likely to become successful. However, the things you are passionate about should also be something that has commercial value. If you do things that do not have commercial value, you are less likely to make money from your hobbies.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Here is a list of everyday hobbies with great potential that can be turned into a profitable business:

Photography: You can sell photographs on iStock or even on Etsy.

Digital Art: You can sell digital arts on Fine Art America

Cooking: You can sell cook books or make recipe videos and earn from YouTube
I sell photographs and digital art from my website, I do not make a lot of sales but I generate sales once in a while. I no longer have to spend money to develop products, everything I make by selling my digital products are my profits. I am not intrested in cooking bit those who are can make money from recipe videos.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Do you Want to build a business from your hobbies, here are some ideas

Gardening: You can sell plants or produce.

Travelling: You can start a travel vlog or blog and generate revenue from advertising.

You can use your hobbies to create a business and grow your business into a lucrative one, over time.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I think gardening hobby can be turned into lucrative business. You can grow ornamental plants, dwarf varieties of plants and the sell. There is a great demand for these products in the market. I am not a gardener, but I know a lot of people who are into gardening and I have seen them profiting.

Skysaint

Verified member
You're right about that mate. The best thing one can achieve in doing business is actually going for a business line that's just one and same with your hubby, you kind of feel relaxed while on the business and it will be very easy for you to earn even more as you will be working tirelessly and at the same time having fun

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can turn your hobbies into a lucrative business. However, in order to do that, your hobbies need to have commercial value because not all hobbies can make you money. If you build a business from your hobbies, you will be interested in your business and you will also work efficiently (because it is your hobby and you are interested in your hobby). You still need skills to build a business. For instance candle making is your hobby, you need knowledge on how and where to sell your candles, how to market your candles, how to brand your business, etc.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I agree with your point regarding the hobby having commercial value. But don't you realize in this consumerist world everything has a commercial value. You can make money from everything if you know how to market it well. I read somewhere that a marketer in the US once sold stones as pet rock.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Using ones hobbies to start a business could be the most self fulfilling thing that can happen to anyone. It's doing what you like doing and you are making money from it. Too bad many people end up doing what they don't like just to earn money. I think that's the world we find ourselves. We can't all be doing what we like to earn money.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There is almost always an online marketplace that you can sell your craft if you are a content creator. I will advise that you should take out a little time to learn about that craft a little before trying to make it a way of making money.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Someone who like to speak and talk with different people can become a voice-over artist. There is a demand for the service of a voice over artist in most of the freelance marketplace. you can also become a business consultancy if you have knowledge on how to put people through in the setting up business.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I have seen people who built businesses from their hobbies and this business has become very successful and a very good source of income to them. There are people who started the various youtube channels by not even carrying making money in their mind but today they are YouTube millionaires.