How to Choose a Shopify Store Name?

Fecoms

Administrator
Staff member

How to Choose a Shopify Store Name?​

If you are planning to start your online business, then the first question that will come to your mind is how to choose a Shopify store name? The answer is that it is very important to choose the right one because the name will represent your store. It will not only represent your store, but will also help you in getting more visitors and increase sales for your online business. So how do you choose a great name for your Store? Here are a few tips that can guide you in choosing the best name for your store.
how to choose a shopify store name

Choose a name that is easy to remember. You need to make sure that the name of your store is something that your customers are comfortable remembering. If your name is difficult to remember, they will give up trying to find your store. So make sure that you have chosen a name that is easy to remember.

Choose a name that is descriptive. This is a great tip that you should never forget because this will be beneficial for your online business. When people search for a specific product or service, using a descriptive name will help them easily get what they are looking for.

Use your URL as the description. When people type in a search query, they most likely use the first two or three words that appear on the search engine. Make sure that your Store's URL is included in the URL or you will lose customers. This is also one way to build your brand because it will let your customers see your store in their search results.

Another thing you can do is to register your domain name. By doing this, you will be able to have your own URL which you can use for your Store. By having your own Store URL, you are creating a more professional image for your online business. You will also be establishing yourself as a successful online marketer.

These are just some of the tips and tricks on how to choose a Shopify store name. Remember that the name you choose should reflect the personality and character of your online store. This is a critical step in making your online business successful and profitable. Don't rely only on what other people say when choosing a name for your Store. Choose a name yourself first, then use the tips above and choose the best name that suits your Store.

Last edited:

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You said it all. We should choose a Shopify store name that best describe what we're dealing on. We shouldn't choose a different domain name, where as our niche is centred on different things. The Shopify store name will represent the kind of product we deal on well. Attract customers based on the shop name that is easy to key in. Just as you said, we shouldn't forget to link our Shopify URL as the description to products we dealon. In case people search for each keyword based on the product description they'll be linked to the main URL itself.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Whether you are using shopify for your online store, or woocommerce with wordpress, or presta shop for that matter, you need to remember one basic thing while naming your store. The name you choose should reflect the niche of your store. For example, if you sell baby products, use a word that can give an idea to the customer about what the store is selling.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I don't have a shopify store, I have a website, where I sell digital goods (ebooks, templates, images, social media graphics, etc.). When I decided to launch my website I had a hard time choosing the name. I wanted a name that included my keyword, matched to the website niche, was easy to remember, and also was a dot com.