How to Choose the Right Altcoin For Investment

Mika

VIP Contributor
Bitcoin is too high, so many people might not be able to invest in Bitcoin and profit. Therefore, for these people the obvious choice would be altcoin. Altcoins also can be profitable. In fact, if you check the crypto market, you will find altcoins sometime offer higher profits. That’s because when Bitcoin's value rises, the value of altcoins can double. However, not all coins will double in value, and not all altcoins are trustworthy. There's a big risk in investing in altcoins because some could turn out to be scams, like what happened with the Luna or Squid Game Token. So, if you want security, it's best to stick with Bitcoin but if you cannot invest in Bitcoin for some reasons, you should try popular options like ETH, SOL, BNB etc. If you're willing to take risks, you can consider investing in meme coins as well, but do not invest a lot of money on meme coin.

Suba

Staff member
Of course, you will be safer choosing altcoins that are popular and have a high marketcap of at least 20 on Coinmarketcap. But there are some clues if you are going to choose a less well-known crypto so you have to do research on whitepapers, developers, social media and communities, be registered on various well-known crypto exchanges, pay attention to daily trading volumes. If you are still confused about choosing the best altcoin, you can try buying at least two coins or more, for example Solana and BNB, sooner or later you will find out which coin is suitable for you and make higher profits.

Don't ape in! Choosing the right altcoin takes research. Here's what I consider when picking an altcoin:
  • Project Fundamentals: What problem does it solve? Does it have a clear use case? A strong team with a good track record is a plus.
  • Technology: What's under the hood? Is it a proven blockchain or something innovative? Security is key too!
  • Market Analysis: What's the market cap and liquidity? Lower liquidity can mean higher risk.
  • Community and Adoption: Is there a strong, active community behind the project? Is it getting adopted by real users?
If you want further guidance, my top five rn would definitely be: ETH, SOL, LINK, ADA, and MATIC. You can also have a look at this helpful blog post on my site that mentions the most profitable altcoins this year: R100K - Road to 100K