How to develop the habit of saving money

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is easier said than done because saving money has many enemies and one is the excessive spending that is a natural tendency when a person has money to spend. Some people even reason out that why the need to save when life is short so let’s enjoy life by spending the money that we earned. In developing the habit of saving you need something to focus on. An example is a big investment like a car or a house. You have to save for the down payment so that you can buy your dream car after a year or two. That inspiration will provide the proper motivation so you can have self-control in spending.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I always face so much trouble when it comes to saving money. It is like the moment I have some money, I get more tempted to spend more and I convince myself that I need the money. Your advice really helps alot. Saving with a purpose makes you focus and avoid temptations. When you decide to save for something that you need to buy, you will say no to temptstions that try to convince you to use the money for something else. I will start saving on purpose like that from now on.

D

Deleted member 27180

A popular quote says: u can't have a plan for your day until u have a plan for your life. Alot of salary earners find it difficult to save money especially those that fall under the low income bracket. The idea is have a plan for the money before it comes. Don't let impulsive buying/spending overwhelm you whenever u have some money. Have a clear idea of things u really want and spend wisely on them and postpone the buying if stuffs that are not really necessary at the moment. Also, try to save some money no matter how small each day.