Saving Money How to develope good Savings culture?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
As a matter of fact any money is much more difficult than spending it . And it just so bad to see that people who spend so much time to make money usually are the ones that easily go back to their broke situation again after struggling to read so many funds .
It all boils down to the fact that they do not have a very good savings culture and this is what usually affect their being able to ever become financially independent at all .
Financial discipline and a very good savings culture is not something that you will develop within a very short time , but you have to be consistent in it before it becomes part of you .

On this topic , I want us to share what are those strategies one can used to make sure that they develop a very high sense of savings even though things are difficult for them.

From my own view some of them are :

• Stop competing with other people who are doing better than you .
  • Get a savings account where you cannot withdraw from his but only deposit money into it .
  • Make a dedication and promise yourself that you develop a good savings habit .

What do you think?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It all depends on what we want , see anyone that is really determined to save his or her money will always try all the possible means to do so because saving of money is something that is automatic and mandatory for people that have a good future plans and preparation , I have come to find out that most people who are not able to plan out their life to save the little money they have are those people that do not possibly have any plans in the future and this is not even the best at all , when you do not have a plan in the future there is no way you will start up a business or engage in any other profitable venture.

Well I don't really think this is really a huge point of consideration because anyone who is interested to save his or her money will always look for the best possible ways to do so.

Or probably the best way to advise people to save their money is for us to encourage them to have a future plan and this future plans should be something he or she is really interested to achieve because that is what could propel someone to have savings.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In order to save, you need to take care of a couple of things.
Saving should be always started at the beginning of the month or when you receive your paycheck. Once you have saved a certain amount from your income, you can use the remaining amount to pay your bills.
In order to save money, you also need to cut unnecessary expenses. You need to remember a penny saved is a penny earned.
You also need to live frugally. When you are purchasing something look for a cheaper option. You also need to start investing to build up your savings.

Dora Wi

One thing I would note here is that if you are new to budgeting/trying to manage your spendings, the best first step might be to just track your spendings for a month or two (I like to create categories for myself and sum up how much I spend in each) and think through where you could reasonably cut costs. Then set spending limits for yourself based on that.

E

eldavis

Developing a saving habit is not something you can actually teach people though, in most cases it all boils down to discipline. To be able to save, you should first learn how to discipline yourself. Control how you spend, the things you buy and cultivate a habit of being around does who would encourage you on spending less.

Kendy

Verified member
When we talk about saving culture we are actually referring to the conscious act or the conscious strive to save money either on a; daily basis, weekly basis or a monthly basis depending on an individual's choice or when his or her salary is being paid or the income is being flowed in. I think one of the best ways to imbibe a good saving culture is by minimising costs and appropriate management of funds. Without mincing words, there are actually some people who are so redundant and do not have self discipline when it comes to savings. It gets to the point when they see an inflow of money, they tend to spend it on things that are not even relevant at the moment. They fail to identify their needs from the wants, which make the savings culture impossible for them.

It is always best to have a budget and the need of a budget is to guide in the way you spend. Also, to develop a good saving culture it would be best to always improvise and also stick to your target better still, you should be tracking your spending limit so that you will know when to put a halt.