How to earn your first dollar from your website?

AfriPeeps Official

Nice recommendations but even at this you may still be unable to earn your first dollar especially if you reside in one of those tier 2 or tier 3 countries, blogging may even become something you will detest except if you truly have passion for it.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you already have a revenue source, there is no need to use a donation method to earn money from your site. This option is basically for those who do not have an established revenue source on their website. For someone who has just started a website and do not have established traffic and reveue, asking for donation is helpful.
I was using donation based monetization when I was new, but these days do not have to use that method as I earn from sponsored posts. If you have a lot of friends and family members who care about your work, you can earn really well and use that money to scale your website through the methods like marketing and advertising.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
These are good methods in which someone can use to monetize their blogs. The donate button is quite very good especially if you are good in the niche you're into. There are some people that will want to support your blog . Promoting affiliate marketing products is also another good method of monetizing your blog fast.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Well, in my early days, I have not only used ads from my relatives and friends but also installed donate me button so that even strangers can help me if he/she chose to. I have made cool cash through this method. However, these days I earn well from sponsored posts, therefore, I don't use donation method to earn money from my website.
If you already have a revenue source, there is no need to use a donation method to earn money from your site. This option is basically for those who do not have an established revenue source on their website. For someone who has just started a website and do not have established traffic and reveue, asking for donation is helpful.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I earn my first dollar online by promoting physical products on Amazon associates program. I set up a website in kitchen niche in which I am promoting different cooking gadgets and materials. I got new lucky one day when someone clicks on my affiliate links and make projects on Amazon and I receive about $2 in commission from the sales.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
That's an interesting way to make money from your website in the first month. I also don't do that kind of stuff. In fact, I have never done that. If you have friends and family who want you to succeed, another way to make money is by creating an ebook and putting it on sale on your website and asking your friends and family to buy it.
Well, in my early days, I have not only used ads from my relatives and friends but also installed donate me button so that even strangers can help me if he/she chose to. I have made cool cash through this method. However, these days I earn well from sponsored posts, therefore, I don't use donation method to earn money from my website.

D

Deleted member 13140

Very interesting, i like the donate button one, if not that I won't show anyone i have a website till am real confident, my dad doesn't even like me near a computer, so am just laying low with everything, for affiliate marketing that could be my gold mine for making my first money online, I've seen blogger saying they made their first money through affiliate marketing on their blog with just little amount of traffic every month.

Mika

VIP Contributor
That's an interesting way to make money from your website in the first month. I also don't do that kind of stuff. In fact, I have never done that. If you have friends and family who want you to succeed, another way to make money is by creating an ebook and putting it on sale on your website and asking your friends and family to buy it.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I agree with your point of view. The methods like asking for donations or asking your friends and family who have businesses to place ads on your website are of course begging. However, you can also interpret these money-making methods as a help and support to an indie blogger from those who care about you.
When I launched my website, I asked a relative who had business to place ads on my site. He asked, "what would I benefit by running ads on your newly created website that does not have traffic?" I said, "Nothing, except my love and admiration!" I made money from my website in the first month. But I don't do that kind of begging these days.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You start your website with a lot of fanfare but soon your enthusiasm dies because you cannot earn from your website. If you are in this predicament, here are some tips to earn your first dollar from your website.

Add a PayPal donate button (or cryptocurrency donation): This is the easiest way to make money from your site. If you share your website with your friends and family, they would want to support you through donation.

Promote affiliate product: Add affiliate product ads on your website and share your website with your friends and family on social media. Tell them to support you buying from your links.

Run advertising: Earning from big ad networks like Adsense is very difficult for small website owners, these ad networks also have a high payment threshold. Therefore, focus on small ad networks with low payment thresholds. You can try A-Ads. They send any amount you earn every day to your wallet.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I agree with your point of view. The methods like asking for donations or asking your friends and family who have businesses to place ads on your website are of course begging. However, you can also interpret these money-making methods as a help and support to an indie blogger from those who care about you.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Theoretically speaking, you can easily earn a dollar or two from your website within 3 days of launching your website. You can ask for donation. But this is begging and is not appreciated by blogging community. If your friends and relatives have businesses you can ask them to run ads but this again is begging

arunima25

Verified member
You are right with the waning enthusiasm for the website. When my blogs had stopped earning due to the change of monetization policy by Adsense I lost my motivation to write. I have 3 blogs and they are all stagnating for years now. I wonder if I can still have the volition to write and upload.
Monetary benefits no matter how little they may be are a great motivating factor. I have a blog that is like a personal diary and I have not monetized it. Over time, I stop being regular there and it has been more than two years that I posted something there.
Now I am planning to set up a website and link it to my husband's Adsense account. I have bought the domain name and it has been few months. I am developing content for it before launching it. I need to find more time and motivation to make it happen soon. I am sure that once I start getting some pennies there, I would be more motivated to work there.

Cinderella

I didn't succeeded when I first tried blogging but I am still planning to create a new one whenever I have free time in the coming days. I also earned some amount from my previous blog but it was not enough to pay the domain and hosting. I also became so busy that I was not able continue writing.

But the good thing is, I learned a lot of things from that activity. These lessons will certainly help me when I decide to start blogging again.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
You are right with the waning enthusiasm for the website. When my blogs had stopped earning due to the change of monetization policy by Adsense I lost my motivation to write. I have 3 blogs and they are all stagnating for years now. I wonder if I can still have the volition to write and upload.

arunima25

Verified member
Those sound like some real good tips. It's tough waiting for reaching threshold in Adsense account. It would be motivating to see your site earn little everyday. So, I feel that A-ads would be really good..I have not heard of it and I need to explore about the same. Can we have it along with havin an Adsense account??