How to Engage Your Readers on Your Blog

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think the only best way to engage your readers is to upload interesting content and many people will start following you eventually. I know that it will take a lots of time to gain unique visitors for your blog. However, it will require you to work hard on your part. You must market your website on social media as much as you can and try to gain as many followers as possible. You must also work offline to promote your website or blog.

cmoneyspinner

I stopped selling blog comments service because I just wasn't getting enough customers. Although the customers I did get were steady repeat customers and gave me good reviews. But the time in between getting orders took too long and I became weary. I would also make comments on social media posts in addition to blog comments.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have also bought blog comments. If you are paying for blog comments, you will obviously get quality comments. However, my experience tells me buying blog comments does not help your website, it is only trying to fool search engines and visitors (blog comments show engagement which s good for search engine ranking).

cmoneyspinner

In my early days of blogging, I was commenting on a lot of blogs. The primary purpose of my blog commenting was to build backlinks, build traffic, and also build engagements on my blog posts. sadly, after 3-4 months I understood that nothing worked. Blog comment gave you no-follow backlinks and no follow backlinks do not tell search engines to follow the link, thus, these no follow links do not help in SEO, reciprocation ratio was so low, I received one comment after I had commented on 20 plus blogs. Traffic also rarely came from blog comment. I was spending time on nonsense activities.
I actually created a Service on a freelancer website and sold blog comments. I offered to make non-spammy relevant comments on a blog for a small fee. To my surprise, people bought this service. However, I moved on from that website because I have other online projects that are earning income more consistently.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Unless you have disabled commenting on your blog, your blogs will have a comment section by default. You have enabled commenting does not mean you will get a lot of commentators on your blog. I have a blog and most of the commentators are spammers. The key to getting comments is useful and interesting content.

Setho

VIP Contributor
A majority of people who read articles will prefer to have a community where they can discuss about the topic. Adding a community or comment section under your blog articles is going to be a very wise decision so that you can continuously engage your audience.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I rarely get worthwhile comments at my blogs. But that doesn't stop me from blogging.
In my early days of blogging, I was commenting on a lot of blogs. The primary purpose of my blog commenting was to build backlinks, build traffic, and also build engagements on my blog posts. sadly, after 3-4 months I understood that nothing worked. Blog comment gave you no-follow backlinks and no follow backlinks do not tell search engines to follow the link, thus, these no follow links do not help in SEO, reciprocation ratio was so low, I received one comment after I had commented on 20 plus blogs. Traffic also rarely came from blog comment. I was spending time on nonsense activities.

D

Deleted member 13140

I have a website. I do get comments on my web content regularly, however, over 90 percent of comments are spam, the remaining 9 percent are useless (short comments that do not add value, for example, good post, thanks, etc.) and only one percent of comments are the outcome of genuine user activity.
I think the problem, is that you need a community, yeah have you noticed on Instagram personal brands hardly have spam comments why? Because they build a huge community, where people can connect with them, thereby prompting them to leave valuable comments, so the simple solution to this is, build a community on social media simple.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Readers engagement is very important for traffic retention, reducing bounce rate and, increasing revenue.

In order to engage your readers, you need to ensure that they leave comments. You can encourage readers to leave comments by asking to share their opinion or experience. You can also engage by sharing quiz or vote on the topic.

If they loved you content, and after they’ve left a comment you’ll discover that they usually want to know more and you can provide them with more information. You should install the Yet Another Related Posts Plugin for WordPress as this handy pulgin displays relevant links at the bottom of your article. It displays pages, posts, and custom post types that are all related to the current entry and introduces your readers to other relevant content on your site.

cmoneyspinner

I have a website. I do get comments on my web content regularly, however, over 90 percent of comments are spam, the remaining 9 percent are useless (short comments that do not add value, for example, good post, thanks, etc.) and only one percent of comments are the outcome of genuine user activity.

I'm with you. I have the same experience. I rarely get worthwhile comments at my blogs. But that doesn't stop me from blogging. My blogs are monetized. If good comments are left, that contributes to the blog's SEO and it could improve/increase my blog's earnings. However, spam can kill a blog!

There is another side to this coin. Since I know how annoying spammers are, I make it a point to bend over backwards to leave good comments at other people's blogs. Many blogs let you create a profile for comments with your name and a link. I often leave worthwhile comments with a link back to my blogs.

Backlinks are especially valuable for SEO because they represent a "vote of confidence" from one site to another.” Source

Mika

VIP Contributor
IN order to engage your readers, you need to first retain your visitors. You can retain your visitors only when you have engaging content. Therefore, retaining visitors and engaging readers both are interconnected. You need useful and interesting content, you need need clean design, use white background, limit the use of ads, etc.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I think that's normal. However, you need to remember this even though shit comments can have value because the commentator stopped to leave a comment (which creates user engagement on the site, thus reducing the bounce rate. You get engagement on your blog when you have engaging content. that is publishing useful and interesting content.

D

Deleted member 13140

I think it's really difficult to get people to write valuable comment, one thing about this Is that, your article will give them value but they won't comment, mostly 90per of any comment you will see is just scammers, spamming your comment section for backlinks, I don't know why they do it even when they know its probably no follow.
Maybe you can use the do you have any question trick to make them comment, Because even if they have no question they might just comment with thank you for the article I have no question ??

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
One trick that I remember from a popular blogger and getting more engagement is writing about a particular celebrity or a sector of society. If your blog is about health care workers which is a hot issue now then the friends and relatives of the health care workers will be interested to not only read but even share your blog in social media.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The only thing that can make readers leave comment and have a long conversation with the blogger is the blogger keeps on writing quality content. And how can a blogger do this. He can only do it if he knows what his audience want. That's why right niche is the very first step of a good blogger.

Mika

VIP Contributor

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you re not using spam blocker, it is very likely that 90 percent comments are spam, and other 8 percent comments are low quality comment (one liner, for example), only 2 percent comments are genuine, sometimes the genuine comments might be even less than 1 percent. But as a blogger and website owner, you should not be afraid of getting spam comments or poor comments. Getting genuine comments does matter but it is not a big deal. The key is whether traffic is coming to your site or not, how long the visitors stay on your site, and what they do.