How To Engulfing Patterns In Forex Trading

moonchild

VIP Contributor
An engulfing pattern occurs when a small candlestick is followed by a larger candlestick that "engulfs" the previous candlestick, meaning it completely covers its from the upper to lower wick of the smaller candle. this is a sign of a strong potential reversal in the market.

To be able to use this pattern in forex trading, look for a bullish engulfing patterns when the market is in a downtrend and bearish engulfing patterns when the market is in an uptrend. When you see an engulfing pattern, make sure it is in a key area, have your supply and demand zones drawn out and also make sure look at higher time frames and make decisions, remember the higher the timeframe the more stronger the pattern.

Confirmation can come in different forms most times either of a close above or below the engulfing candle, or a breakout above or below the pattern's high or low, but the best thing is going to higher and lower timeframes to look for confirmation or change of trend.

Engulfing patterns are my favorite patterns and they are a powerful pattern that rarely fails but it's important to use them in conjunction with other analysis techniques so as to be on the safe side.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on engulfing patterns in forex trading. I agree that engulfing patterns can be a strong signal of a potential reversal in the market, and it's important to look for them in key areas, with supply and demand zones drawn out, and to consider higher time frames for confirmation.
I also agree that it's important to use engulfing patterns in conjunction with other analysis techniques, such as trend analysis, support and resistance levels, and volume analysis. This can help to increase the reliability of the signal and reduce the risk of false signals.
Overall, engulfing patterns can be a valuable tool in a forex trader's toolbox, but like any trading strategy, it's important to use proper risk management techniques and to continually analyze and adjust your approach based on market conditions.