How to Find the Right Job That You Can Fall in Love With

Jasz

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of people who are looking for jobs. The job market is crazy, and it's getting crazier. There are more people looking for jobs than there ever was before, and the competition is fierce.

So how do you find the right job that you can fall in love with?

Here are some tips:

1. Take your time. When you're applying for jobs, spend more time researching the company and its mission than on the job itself. You want to make sure that this is the right place for you.

2. Be yourself! This isn't about being perfect and putting together a polished resume - it's about being authentic and showing off your skills and abilities with your writing samples and cover letters. If you're passionate about something, let that shine through.

3. Look at other people's resumes before yours - don't be afraid to ask them questions about their experience or ask if they've had any challenges while working there or what they think of the company as a whole (or vice versa). This will help you get a better sense of whether this is really where you want to be in life right now.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
One of the most common questions I get asked is, "How do I find a job that I can fall in love with?" I know what you're thinking: Isn't that an oxymoron? Falling in love with a job? Don't we always want something different than we have now?

Well, yes, it's true that most people want something different from their current situation. And that's a good thing, because it means you're thinking about what makes you happy — which is the first step toward finding something that will actually make you happy. But if you don't know how to find something that makes you happy yet, here's some advice:

1. Set your sights on the right job.

Before you start looking for jobs, decide exactly why you want one and what type of position it should be. Is it because of money? Because of prestige? Because of fulfillment? Or is there another reason altogether? Once you've figured out your own motivations, narrow down your search by focusing on positions that meet those criteria best. Then use those same criteria to evaluate each potential job until only one remains standing — one whose requirements fit your needs perfectly.