How to grow a livestock rearing business

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Livestock are always in high demand not just during the festive period, but every other day. So it one business if handled properly can be operated in full scale. So if you want to be successful with this business you need to do the following

• Find a good location for rearing them; know that any infiltration can wipe away your livestock
  • Give them proper feeding, this will help them fare better
  • Try to get all the equipment that your stock will need to aid growth
  • Be in contact with veterinarian doctor and a nutritionist for the well-being of stock
  • Advertise and market your stock daily
  • Get more funding to finance the business, like buying more nutritious feed for your stock
Add your thoughts?

Moni

Livestock are always in high demand not just during the festive period, but every other day. So it one business if handled properly can be operated in full scale. So if you want to be successful with this business you need to do the following

• Find a good location for rearing them; know that any infiltration can wipe away your livestock
  • Give them proper feeding, this will help them fare better
  • Try to get all the equipment that your stock will need to aid growth
  • Be in contact with veterinarian doctor and a nutritionist for the well-being of stock
  • Advertise and market your stock daily
  • Get more funding to finance the business, like buying more nutritious feed for your stock
Add your thoughts?
Rearing of livestock like sheep's,cattle,goat and pigs are also good business but one has to consider the disadvantages of it because most of the livestock likes savanna zones while others like the Forest zones. Meat is good and it is use in everyday live so it will be a good business and will generate income

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Rearing of livestock like sheep's,cattle,goat and pigs are also good business but one has to consider the disadvantages of it because most of the livestock likes savanna zones while others like the Forest zones. Meat is good and it is use in everyday live so it will be a good business and will generate income
Your life sentence is the whole essence. For some people it is their total source of income and as such they can't afford to joke with it. Like any other business it is good to find out what it will take to be successful in it. And that is what I have listed above

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think livestock can be profitable because there is a huge demand for animal products. However, in order to make profits, you need to be based in rural areas as land is scarce in urban areas. You also need to be knowledgeable about how to rear animals because negligence can result in the death of animals.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Finding a good and marketable location is ideal, given your livestock appropriate routine feeding its good for their growth. Always treating them or vaccinating them to avoid diseases infecting them which might lead to their sudden death. Keeping them in a safe environment is ideal for their safety and avoid getting infected.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think livestock can be profitable because there is a huge demand for animal products. However, in order to make profits, you need to be based in rural areas as land is scarce in urban areas. You also need to be knowledgeable about how to rear animals because negligence can result in the death of animals.
Yes you are right about rearing them in the rural areas but some people still have it in the urban centers but it is always good to have them outside residential areas. Because if there are infiltrations from any where the livestock will be gone in a twinkle of eyes so one needs to be careful

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Rearing livestock is one of the lucrative agricultural businesses. If the business is to be done in small scale, the best method to use is the intensive management where the livestock will be in care of the owners and the owners can easily detect and prevent any disease that the animals may develop.

Makah

Well said
Livestock farming is a very lucrative and profitable farming but people really see it as a big deal die to the stress involved
One thing about live stock farming is the availability of large farm land if it's mechanised farming so which will bring a lots of money and even tho it's always hard at first
That's my opinion at first

Setho

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of advantages of investing in livestock production. Livestock serve as a means of producing a lot of things including meat and farm manure. One very important thing to take note if you want to start a livestock farm is the breed or the special that you are going to wear because it matters a lot when you want to sell them.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Raising livestock is a complicated business that I don't think I would indulge in. When I was young my father had a small poultry and when I grew up I had a backyard piggery. Yes, the profit is good but there are many problems involved especially when it comes to the mortality of the animals. You have to be knowledgeable on the operation.