Binance How to identify scammers of binance PTP market place.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Even as we try our best to make sure we sell our cryptocurrencies and get better returns on binance peer-to-peer marketplace, it is needful that we take all necessary measures to make sure that we do not fall for certain scammers that are proliferating on that platform every now and then.

Here on this thread, I want us to share about what measures we usually check to ascertain who is a legit and a scam trader on binance peer-to-peer marketplace in order not to end up in a situation where we get to lose our money.

First of all, you have to check to see the person's rating and number of trades that he has been engaged in within the past week or 30 days.

If the person has a percentage rating of less than 80%, then it shows that there is something wrong with that account.

If the payment time of that even individual is more than 15 minutes, then there is also something wrong because this is a delay tactics that is usually deployed by some scammers to waste your time even when they intend to not complete the transaction with you.

Make sure you also read reviews about what people must have said about that seller or buyer before you continue with the transaction.

What do you think?

Shaf

Verified member
It would actually help reduce the rate at which these scammers succeed if people actually make research before starting a trade. Simply using the search bar on Google for the keyword Binance P2P will come up with a lot of information.

Also reading the terms which Binance states before using the features will help, bit like terms and conditions, some people will skip it and then complain later. There are even videos on this on the app itself but we tend to ignore it.

I usually only trade with someone who has more than 90% rating, more than a thousand trades and has good reviews. I have never sold though but I've bought cryptocurrency many times this way.

One thing too is that Binance has made P2P express a way out for most people if you don't want the hassle of dealing with the general public. These are users who have been vouched for by Binance itself and I've never heard a complain about those using it.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I use Binance P2P for trading. I don't trade much but I have traded over a dozen times and I have never been scammed, in fact, I have not even lost a penny on Binance P2P. When you are going to perform P2P trading on Binance, you will see an alert before you initiate your trading. The alert will give you information on what you should do, you will be even told that do not to release your crypto before you receive payment on your desired wallet or your bank account. If you are trying to sell your assets, you will need access to your mobile banking account or online banking account so that you can see the funds have been properly added to your account. If you use a mobile money wallet, you need to check your wallet and see if the buyer has sent the exact amount or not. If you do not have access to your online or mobile bank account, do not d P2P trading. As far as buying through P2P is concerned, you will have to send the exact amount and if the seller does not release crypto immediately, take action by reporting. You should always check the buyer and seller profile before trading.