How to launch your first blog?

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to create a free blog, you have numerous options such as blogspot, wordpress, wix, etc. However, I suggest you try blogspot. Blogspot is the only blogging platform that allows you to use adsense, infolinks, and amazon ads to make money. On other free blogs you do not have any chance of making money. Free blogging platforms also have paid option. In order to create a blogspot blog all you need is a gmail. It offers drop and drag tool to build a blog.

In order to create a paid blog or self hosted blog, you need to buy a domain and hosting. When you buy hosting, you are given a web hosting control panel manager. By logging into your control panel manager, you can install blogging software like wordpress and start your blogging journey.

Last edited:

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Having a blog now have to do with commitment, because it can tiring but if one is sure that it can be pulled through then one can go ahead first with free blogging. It free to start with blogger.com and see how it goes before buying a domain name or hosting it. Test it out first

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I actually have a question about creating a blog. I have 3 existing blogs in Blogspot that earned for me before via Adsense. They are inactive for years now. I am thinking of creating a new blog with a different niche from the 3. Can I create it in Blogspot? Or maybe I have to use another email and identity for my blogging?

Cinderella

Why do you need a new email for your new blog Alexandoy? You can just add a new blog. Are you still earning from your Adsense?

I used Blogspot and Word press for my blogs before. But I cannot sustain because of time constraint. I want to start blogging again but I want to make sure that I have enough time for it. Probably when I retire and have more free time.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to create a blog you have two options: Free blog and Self-hosted blog (Paid blog). Free blog means your blog is built on free blogging platforms like wordpress, blogspot, etc. paid or self hosted blog is created by buying a domain and web hosting. It is not complicated as it sounds.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Launching your first blog is not very difficult. Creating free blog is as easy as creating a Gmail. For self hosted blogs you need skills with content management systems but if you try, you can learn WordPress easily in less than one hour. Once you learn WordPress, you can easily create a self hosted WordPress blog.