How to launch your first online store

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to sell online, you have two options either to sell from ecommerce marketplaces like ebay, Amazon. Etsy, Zazzle, or create your own online store.

Creating your store on ecommerce marketplaces is easy. Right after signing up, you can start listing your product. Once you finish your listing, your store is ready t be launched publically.

Creating your own store, on your own website, is a little bit technical. You need a domain and hosting. Shared hosting is not a good idea for an online store, you need at least VPS hosting. You also need SSL certificate on your website (some hosting companies offer free SSL).

Once hosting is set up, go to the control panel manager and install ecommerce content management system (CMS) of your choice. If ecommerce CMS confuses you, you can use wordpress with woocommerce.

There is also another easy option. You can try Shopify and save yourself from all technicalities.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If you want to sell online, you have two options either to sell from ecommerce marketplaces like ebay, Amazon. Etsy, Zazzle, or create your own online store.

Creating your store on ecommerce marketplaces is easy. Right after signing up, you can start listing your product. Once you finish your listing, your store is ready t be launched publically.

Creating your own store, on your own website, is a little bit technical. You need a domain and hosting. Shared hosting is not a good idea for an online store, you need at least VPS hosting. You also need SSL certificate on your website (some hosting companies offer free SSL).

Once hosting is set up, go to the control panel manager and install ecommerce content management system (CMS) of your choice. If ecommerce CMS confuses you, you can use wordpress with woocommerce.

There is also another easy option. You can try Shopify and save yourself from all technicalities.
With what you just said, i can confidently say i can make one with wordpress since it features the woocommerce feature. It will be easily set up there since wordpress has everything to customize the site to be complete and ready as an e-commerce site just like ebay, Amazon, Etsy, shopify etc. I'm just considering making one in the future when i have something to sell.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I am one of those planning to open an online store very soon. if you have a product that you want to sell and you are really looking for a way to do that then opening an online store is the solution for you. After that all you need to do is to refer traffic to eat and watch yourself make a lot of money on your own platform.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I guess it is easier to have a store with an e-commerce site that is popular. They already have the mechanism for selling and there are ready-made customers for your products. However, I don't know if there is a fee that you need to pay for registration of your store. The e-commerce has to be sure of your authenticity.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I guess it is easier to have a store with an e-commerce site that is popular. They already have the mechanism for selling and there are ready-made customers for your products. However, I don't know if there is a fee that you need to pay for registration of your store. The e-commerce has to be sure of your authenticity.
You need money for domain and hosting, however, the rest of the things are free as long as you are using Wordpress and woocommerce for your e-commerce. Woocommerce has inbuilt payment system that uses paypal and stripe payment. You do not have to spend any money unless you want to use a premium theme which might cost you $60 on average.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I use Instagram and facebook as my store. I sell products through my facebook page and instagram page. Even though I have a website, I have no intention of creating an online store on my website. Selling online is one of the toughest ways to make money. managing an online store is also very expensive.