Business Ideas How to make a business out of being a programmer

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
As a programmer you get to write algorithms in order control a computer or to tell it what you want it to do, this is just like a language that you can use to communicate with a system. If you have this skill then you can actually use to make good money that could make you rich for the whole of your entire lifetime. If we all take a good look at it all now, it is quite obvious that we are in the age of technology, having known this, you can use it to your own advantage as a skilled programmer. All you have to do is to find some amount of money to brand yourself so you have the attention of bigger companies to patronize you. With this, you can be building websites for people that needs it. Not only that, but also help them to design just the way they want it. If you are dealing with a big organization, they might even pay handsomely to change your life for good. You can also use this same technique to create applications for game companies and even do it for yourself to make money. Just make sure you do it best.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are a programmar, you can build software, apps, websites and make money by selling your products. You can also work in a software house. Software developer are in a great demand everywhere, whether for virtual businesses or real businesses. If you are a developer with good skills, you can easily make money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am a programmer, do I make a lot of money, is it easy to make money? Well, the answer is NO! When I was employed in a company, I was not earning a lot of money, but I was earning well and managed to save money every month. After I lost my job, I started working as a freelancer and I can barely earn enough to pay my bills. When I bid on jobs on upwork, I try to bid lowest, yet I am rejected. I have tried selling my gigs for a lo price, yet I don't get sale sin fiverr.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am not much aware of how programming works. However, if you are a programmer, then you may start developing games. One such example is that of Sergeant Mark lV. He is a game programmer and a developer who has developed many Doom Mods. He is quite famous. You can program games and sell games or you can even get hired by a company if you do not want to start your own business.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for your write-up ,if people are really interested to become a programmer the best advice I always give them is not really on how to make money but how to be expert in what you are doing because that is just the most important thing at that period of time, with proper understanding and experience in your programming skill it is possible for you to make a lot of money as a freelancer. You can also decide to have a website strictly for those people who are interested in your programming services, There will be a lot of opportunities.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The most important thing about being a software programmer is competency. There are people who might be willing to go way out of their budget to pay you if they are sure that you are going to deliver quality work to them.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Well, first thing first it all boils down to mindset, some people start or learn how to code because they want to get a job some do it to give life to their ideas.

Either ways, you need to be very competent in it to achieve any of the two I listed above, it's not easy, heck, it's not even suppose to be easy, because easy stuffs are not worth it IMO.

Secondly, if you're learning for the sake of landing a tech job, then you need to make research on the kind of stacks that are in demand, you don't expect C# to bring you money in place of Javascript, this is really important too.

And if you're going towards the business aspect then you need to create your product and start getting feedback from your users, you can bootstrap or seek for funding from venture capitalists.

Vladv26

The best way to make a lot of money as a programmer is to think of a new app/website/platform that will change and help a lot of people in the future. Think of something that a lot of people would be interested in like a mobile game with a new concept. If you get lucky and your app or platform because popular on the internet some big companies will make you an offer to buy your project. Depending on how popular your project becomes you could even receive a couple million dollars for it and you won't have to work another day in your lifetime. Think for example of the person who created Minecraft. He developed a new game with a concept that no one tried before, even if the game was quite simple, anyone could play it from small children to gradpas so it became extremely popular. And he made billions of dollars out of such a simple game.