How to make money by teaching English

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Making money with this job might seem to not be a good idea in nigeria and the reason I think is because any job that pertains to teaching in nigeria is not reliable and can’t earn you enough income to let you make it as the only source of livelihood. Well if you happen to be outside the country, probably in a place like France or even any of those developed countries that does not speak English, I think you can actually make good money with this job If you really understands English to the extent of being able to teach someone else, all you have to do is go make sure that you have the right agents to help you look for job where you can be making good income with it, ways to earn money with it are;

1. Online
2. Private tutor

1. Online: You can make income online by teaching people from other non speaking English countries. You can just fix your convenient time for the classes with your students.

2. Private tutor: you can be employed to teach a certain person that needs English in one or the other at the person’s home, you can make money from this due to the fact that you will be paid for home service as an extra fee excluded from your regular charges

E

eldavis

I think the easiest way might be working online, am pretty sure there are sites you can register in and start teaching once you are accepted. A perfect example of such site would udemy. You can also setup a gig on freelancing sites as well.

RaketerangOFW

Can you check some youtube tutorial so that Ou can get new ideas or search in google or rather pick some ideas of commenter here, thank you.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think there are various ways you could make money teaching English language. One of the best ways is to seek employment in your local schools, but I can understand that this might not be possible due to pandemic, so you might want to get paid by teaching English online. You can choose to apply at iTalki or Skooli. These are two platforms where you could apply if you have a degree in English language and if you are really great at English. These platforms usually require you to be a native English speaker and have experience when it comes to teaching English.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I know so many people are using this opportunity to make money online but personally this is not really my area of interest because I won't even have time to even consider this As a passionate job that I have to to earn money . I will rather be using my time to engage in other things I am comfortable to do that is more productive to me.

And also I believe that people who are capable of doing this are those that have a degree on English language because it will be easier for them to teach except maybe there is opportunity for people to randomly teach English even when they are not a qualified academically.

In any online business I am trying to do I always consider their future potential because that is what will really help me to determine the best and in anything I will do I will always choose to go for the one that is likely to last for a long period of time.

I don't really know much about teaching and its future potential because Google is able to translate English and help people to really understand more on English language. I just a suggestion Sha.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Making money with this job might seem to not be a good idea in nigeria and the reason I think is because any job that pertains to teaching in nigeria is not reliable and can’t earn you enough income to let you make it as the only source of livelihood. Well if you happen to be outside the country, probably in a place like France or even any of those developed countries that does not speak English, I think you can actually make good money with this job If you really understands English to the extent of being able to teach someone else, all you have to do is go make sure that you have the right agents to help you look for job where you can be making good income with it, ways to earn money with it are;

1. Online
2. Private tutor

1. Online: You can make income online by teaching people from other non speaking English countries. You can just fix your convenient time for the classes with your students.

2. Private tutor: you can be employed to teach a certain person that needs English in one or the other at the person’s home, you can make money from this due to the fact that you will be paid for home service as an extra fee excluded from your regular charges
Good morning everyone.Hope you are all doing well.Thank you very much for your informative thread about how to make money by teaching English. I really like the topic you have chosen and I am pretty sure that many people here who are interested in teaching English will like it as well.

It is a great idea to teach English either online or by being an online tutor. In my opinion, it is easier to teach English online because you can work from the comfort of your own house.There are so many platforms today where you can register and start teaching English. Of course,you must have a degree in English language or you must be a native speaker of English.In any case, you must pass a test first so as to be qualified to teach English online.

I think that it is very profitable to teach English. But besides that it is wonderful to teach people because in this way, you feel that you help someone learn something they need for their lives and you also share your knowledge with others which is a great feeling. Thanks again for your helpful thread.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Teaching English is available for two kinds of people, one, for native speakers, two, for English language experts. If you are from English language countries like the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, and if you have a college degree, you can start teaching the English language. If you are not from an English language country but if you have a degree in English language and literature you can start teaching English and make money as a language teacher. You can become an English teacher and make money teaching the English language even if you are from countries like Singapore, India, the Phillippines, etc, where English is one of the major languages, you can become an English language teacher. You can teach English, either online or offline. While finding a teacher job offline might be complicated as you need to have a lot of experience, getting an English language teaching job is somewhat simple. There are a lot of sites where you can work as an English language teacher. Some of the sites where you can start teaching and making money as an English language teacher are Cambly, DaDaABC, VIPKID, QKids, EnglishPalfish First, Preply, Twosigmas, Palfish, Magic Ears, Say ABC, iTalki, iTutorGroup, etc.

zenideni

There are many people in the world who want to learn English. There are intermediary applications for this. And you don't need to be an English teacher for that. There are many people in the world who would pay money just to speak english live with you. One of these apps is Cambly. Have it in mind.

Suba

Staff member
In my opinion, being a teacher is not easy, we do not only have English skills, but we must have a patient attitude, a clear voice, so that it is easy for students to understand. You can start teaching English from home, you can also hold classes for children, intermediate and advanced, or business classes. Once more developed you can legalize it into a course by inviting native speakers.

Sikapa

Verified member
English Teachers now have many vacancies nowadays. I heard it from media that the South Koreans and the Chinese are also wanting English teachers to teach in their schools.

But it might not be easy as we are thinking now because not all people will be qualified for this and it might also need patient as well.