How to make money from your website through sponsorship

Mika

VIP Contributor
Running network ads (adsense, media.net, infolinks, etc.) and affiliate ads (Amazon, Clickbank, shareasale, etc.) are the two common ways to make money from your website.

While Network ads pay for ad impressions as well as clicks on the ads, affiliate ads will make you money only when the visitor buys the products advertised on your website.

A lot of website owners, especially small website owners, find it very difficult to earn from Network ads and affiliate ads. If you also find yourself in this shoe, try sponsorship.

Sponsorship means businesses, companies, or even individuals sponsor your website. They either publish promotional materials on your website (articles, newsletters, etc.) or run ads for their products or services.

Now, you might ask, how do I get sponsors on my website? Well, approach businesses, companies, and individuals and pitch your website. If you have traffic, you can get sponsors.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
This is one of the cool and easy way you can make money with your website if you are receiving lots of traffic on it. There are some websites that connect both the publishers and the sponsors together. All You Need Is to optimise your website to meet all the criteria required by this outfit so that it would be easier to see sponsors.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had managed our office website before that is an e-magazine (for a non-profit organization). There were 4 slots in the home page that I reserved for the sponsors. We charged a minimal advertising fee of $10 monthly for the sponsors. It is not easy to get sponsors. From what I remember we only had 2 sponsors for our website.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Wow, this is what I do. Most of the posts on my website are sponsored posts, I am either paid to write about products and businesses or promote the products and businesses on my website. I also make money from sponsored posts through social media, mostly facebook and instagram. This is a good way to make money

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am curious, how do you get sponsors on your website. How do you sell ad space on your website? Do you use services like buysell, where publishers connect with advertisers? I have done sponsored posts and sold ad space but only for few times. I got sponsors from people who I knew personally.