How to Make Money On Fiverr as a Newbie

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
A lot of newbie complain that Fiverr is very competitive and they cannot make money. Well, Fiverr has 2.3 millions, and surviving the competition is very hard. However, there are ways to survive the competition and generate sales. I am sharing tips based on my experience.

Fiverr gets its name from five, all service prices starts from $5. Sellers are selling an article for $5, a logo for $5, airbrushing image for $5, influencer marketing for $5 etc. The $5 is the base price. Instead of selling one article for $5, or one logo for $5, why not sell two article for $5 or two logos for $5. By doing so you will attracting low budget clients. If they are satisfied, you get 5 start reviews. Once you have a lot of reviews, you can increase your price.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am doing well on upwork. I manage to get 1-2 jobs every week on upwork. Getting the first job was very hard. I also cut my expected payment by 50 percent to get hired. Lowering your rate is the only way you can survive the competition in the freelance marketplace

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You should have bought going into competitive energy when you are starting out on fiverr. This will help you to lunch first job as quick as possible. make sure the service you want to render our unique. Do not over price and make sure you deliver quality services all the time in order to win lifetime client on the platform.

niche

Verified member
Yes, it is very difficult to make money on Fiverr and there is no transparency at all. Some people have got their fiverr account disabled without any reason , sometimes with more than $100 in it which they earned after spending a lot of time and have lost their money. Fiverr customer support does not bother to reply to some users.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
To be very honest the competition is too much on the platform. So it is not advisable for a beginner to sign up as a seller there unless they have unique service they can render to people which are not on the platform. If you are rendering SEO services you can simply go to internet marketing firm and start rendering your services over there. It is easy to make money that way.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are afraid of the site like Fiverr and think it is too competitive for beginners, how do you think you can make money online? Just by posting on forums? How much can you earn from a forum posting? $50, $100? If you want tom earn well, you need to join freelancing platforms

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You should know that the fiverr system does not favour the new sellers. It is the top rated sellers that make most of the sales on the platform. You need to drive traffic from other source to your gig before you can make money on fiverr as a new seller. You can join different Facebook groups and start making a contribution with a link back to your gig on fiverr. Over time you see someone that will buy from the group.

Setho

VIP Contributor
As a new person on any kind of freelance sites the most important things that you should try to do is to optimise your profile to be very accommodating and then look for your first review. It will be wise if you will make your prices to be very cheap at the first instance is so that people can be able to hire you and give you a good review.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Sethbala11 I can't say for any other platform, but you cannot reduce your price lower than any other person on fiverr. The reason is that $5 is the list price you can put on your gig or more. The best way to make money as a new seller is to look for niche that are less competitive and create a gig there. Make sure you stay online most of the time. You should always respond to every question about your gig faster. Do all of this and you are going to make money faster as a new seller.