How to Make Money Through Royalties

Mika

VIP Contributor
Royalty is one of the best ways to generate passive income. You can earn royalties from the music you make, a podcast you make, or ebook you publish.

If you are a musician, create music and publish it on platforms like iTunes, Spotify, etc. Every time someone purchases your music, you earn royalties. You will earn as long as someone buys your music.

If you do not have a talent for music, you can create podcasts. If you are a good talker, you can make podcasts and publish them on various platforms like iTunes or Spotify. If you are not confident in talking, use a text-to-speech program to create podcasts.

eBooks are another ways to make money through royalties. Writing and publishing ebooks on KDP, Barnes and Nobles, Smashwords, etc. You will earn royalties as long as someone is paying for your ebooks. If you do not have the skills to write ebooks, you can easily hire someone on fiverr or upwork to create ebooks for you.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have published a couple of books on Amazon KDP. Every month, I receive royalties from Amazon. I also sell ebooks on my own website, and other ecommerce platforms like Etsy. However, the books I sell on my website and Amazon are different from the ebooks I sell on Etsy. ON etsy, I mostly sell tutorials, motivational books and workbooks. However, on Amazon and my website I sell fiction and non fiction ebooks. In order to make money form ebooks you need a lot of sales. You can generate sales only when you have written really good books and you have marketed your ebooks. Marketing plays a huge role on ebook sales. When I published ebooks on Amazon, I initially offered for free. Since the book was free, I had a lot of downloads and the book was top selling books n free category for a week. This helped me get some good reviews. Then I started selling for a low price.