How to prevent crisis among employees!

PICKFORD

Verified member
Crisis is one main hindrance of a company's productivity. A company facing crisis among employees staffs or workers is said to show attitude like discrimination and racism etc which is not good at all for a business who want to prosper. But what can the employer the business man or the entrepreneur do to prevent crisis from happening or what can he do to oversee when a crisis is about to happen, well I will discuss this later but first let me discuss the disadvantage of crisis to exist among employees workers and staffs , crisis great distraction, unwanted disturbances, and unrest, among workers and employees. But as the employer you have to be calm and patient and see various ways in which you can ease the situation some of the ways to do so include:
1 correct rumour and misinterpretation: one of the initial stage of crisis is rumour and misinterpretation it is when this rumour and misinterpretation have stayed within employees for a long time then it gradually matures into crisis. But I stay business man or the manager it is wise for you to correct rumours and misinterpretation at once when it comes to your notice doing so will show that you are having an open line of connection between your employees and workers.

2. Don't take side: in the face of crisis when handling crisis between employees as a manager it is not right for you to take side with a person simply because he or she is a relative or simply because he or she is well-dressed or better than the other but in handling crisis you must stand on the truth and caution who is mistaken and who is right if you want to promote the peaceful coexistence of the business environment.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have been in the managerial level for a long time and friction among the employees is not new to me. When there is a problem with inter-personal relationship the first thing I do is to call the protagonists. Talking sense can fix the problem easily. But then again, it depends on the gravity of the problem especially when it is already personal. There was a time that a colleague I trusted stabbed my back, so to speak. He was courting my wife. Yeah, that was a very nasty thing to do to your friend and he did that. But I had the sense to control my emotions and I told the guy point blank that he should resign otherwise it would be embarrassing if I would publicize his sin against me. True to his promise he resigned from our company after 2 weeks. Some friends said that if that happened to them there would be a physical confrontation.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
It can be very devastating to find have employees in an organization having conflicts, this will greatly affect the overall organizational goals and objectives. Infact it sometimes brings about a total breakdown of the production process and it will cost the organization somuch in terms of loss of customers and sales. Because the customers will likely go for a close substitute when they are can't get the product or services that they used to get from the organization.

So management has a lot to play in terms of ensuring that they prevent all forms of crisis that may want to ensued in the work environment. Or if they have already ensueded then they are responsible for looking out for every possible means of resolving all forms of conflicts.

One of the ways management can use to aviod this crisis is to put in place a very clear job description and for their staffs this will make them to aviod conflicts becaue e all the ambiguity will have been settled.

Then management team should ensure that there is a very clear and precise system of communication, because this is one channel that can result in conflict mostly when there are distortions in passing out and receiving information.

Caramelle

A company should be proactive instead of being reactive in matters involving employee relationships. There should be clear company rules that leave no room for misinterpretation on both sides. Many companies implement set procedures for handling grievances, complaints, and disagreements among employees. The rules specify the steps that must be followed in filing a grievance case or complaint as well as the procedures that will apply depending on the scenario.

The first step is commonly for the complainant to approach the HR Department or a specified department to inform them of the situation. Depending on the seriousness or complexity of the complaint, a grievance committee consisting of the HR Manager and other functional managers is appointed and convened to hear the case filed by an employee. Some less complicated situations may end up in a counseling or mediation session. Setting all of the controls and procedures will help prevent negative emotions and accusations of bias and unfair treatment.​

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Disagreements among employees is something that often happens in some companies or businesses but of course it is the responsibility of the manager to handle that maturedly and properly. I have seen a situation in which workers in a particular business went into physical confrontation with each other and definitely it was not funny. One of the disadvantages of workers going into physical confrontation with each other is that it depicts a very bad image of that particular business. This is one of the reasons why it is very important that companies dish out method or strategies in which they must use to prevent crisis among employees. Sometimes such things cannot be prevented but bringing out ways of resolving it if there is any is quite very much important. it is the responsibility of the manager to resolve such issues and when he or she is doing so it is important not to take sides. It is also very much important for the manager of a business not to get involved in any kind of gossip because such things can make the workers look down on him or her and if such crisis occurs, there is no way the manager can handle it properly without being biased.