How to promote a site and get traffic

greenieS

Verified member
It's great to have a site, and with that it's normal to have visitors landing on your site. The key to any site is to publish something funny, provide information or have a commercial purpose. If you do not have any users on the site, then all the efforts, all the costs and the lost time are useless. Users can land on your site in a variety of ways. Either I can type in the site address, I can access a bookmark, I can reach the site thanks to a search engine or I can follow a link from another page.

The first two methods (direct access by typing the address and using bookmarks) bring traffic to very well known sites, with a reputation in the field and which offer a lot of information. Users store the address of a site or create a bookmark to the extent that they are convinced that they will visit that site in the future. For all other methods, it is necessary to run site promotion campaigns in order to be found when someone is looking for the information you provide.

Search engines

Search engines can bring free traffic to the site, but its pages must be included in the first results displayed by the engine when entering certain phrases or keywords. In order to reach the first pages, it is necessary to make an approach to optimizing the site. This means that you "communicate" to the search engine the content of your pages and also create backlinks to those pages. The links are not used exclusively by visitors, they are also analyzed by search engines to determine the popularity of the site.

Another way to get traffic from a search engine is paid advertising (pay-per-click: PPC). You are advertising your site for certain keywords and when someone searches for those words, your ad is displayed. This method can bring a lot of traffic but the costs are worth it.

Links

Links are one of the basic elements of the Internet. It means easy navigation from one page to another. There are two ways to get links. The first option is to create links naturally. This means that Internet users or webmasters create links to your site without your intervention. They create these links because the content of your page is interesting. Quality content will attract visitors and sooner or later you will get such links.

Of course, there are other ways to create links to your site. Either post comments on blogs or participate in forum discussions. In both cases, you are allowed to add a link to your site in your signature or in the space provided for the author's data. Another effective method of site promotion is article writing. There are many article directories where you can publish articles on certain topics. Each article can contain a space where you can add some links to your site.

Another method of site promotion is to contact webmasters of certain sites to exchange links. Website optimization becomes easy when you have informative content. Links to interesting pages spread quickly - and are created quickly because we all like quality stuff.

arunima25

Verified member
That's an informative post. Thank you for sharing it here.
I have registered one site with GoDaddy. I.am planning to soon make it functional. I have developed few contents. I am into exploration mode to know more about these way of promoting my site and to make some profit from it. All seems like a deep sea to me and I am just a beginner here. There is a lot to learn. I am not much of tech savvy and so that even goes on delaying it. I should really buckle up and start it soon.

Brackwom

Improve your SEO
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an acronym for "search engine optimization." It's the process of making changes to your website's pages, content, and design to make them more appealing to search engines. While many businesses spend thousands of dollars per year on SEO firms, the truth is that you may be able to boost your search engine rating for free.

Email Marketing
Businesses can use email marketing to connect with present and potential customers about products, services, promotions, news, and other topics. It's one of the most cost-effective ways to promote a website because you construct and own your own email list. Include connections to your website, blog, and social media pages throughout your email message for the best outcomes, and don't forget to include a call to action.

Active on Social Media
By increasing the visibility of your material on social media, you can increase the number of visitors to your site. When a large number of individuals share your material with their networks, it will drive more traffic to your website and, as a result, improve your rankings.

Make sure your website and your content have the required amount of social presence. Your content must have the option to be shared. Even if one person shares it forward from your original website page, there are chances of getting a further 5-10 shares or at least an increase in views. Through this, it would be made sure your content is not only popular among people, but they are seeing it all over their social media feeds and opening and viewing the particular website pages. This is going to ensure organic traffic generation for them.

If you do something which is not cool in terms of Google’s online marketing and SEO rules, you might be blacklisted from Google search results. You must garner organic traffic generation through legitimate and ethical ways. If you want to know more read this blog.